Sunshine Suites Resort
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
$300
$250
$349
$412
$369
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
$231
$171
ComfortSuites
Villas of the Galleon(Seven Mile Beach)
$420
Hotels.com
$192
$509
Hotels.com
Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa(Seven Mile Beach)
$467
$425
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
$927
$844
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
$844
TripAdvisor
1,888 results
All reviewsthe grillacross the streetbeach chairsfish tacosyogurtgrand caymanwestin hotelcontinental breakfasthard boiled eggssmall kitchenliquor storestove topsister propertyminute walkon site restaurantfull size fridgestrip mall
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Very convenient, clean, comfortable, and well-maintained Seven Mile Beach property with friendly, helpful front desk staff, and great lunch and/or dinner food (Sunshine Grill), all at a very reasonable price (for Grand Cayman). The included continental breakfast was adequate, although not memorable. We would definitely stay here again, and would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LDLinDallas
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Good family hotel. Great accomodations and facilities. Even has a full kitchen in every room. I was a little bit dissapointed in that the restaurant was closed during my stay and that the hotel doesnt have 24 guest services. This is not convinient if you are traveling on business and have late nights and early mornings. But overall, I liked it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Laura_Magal
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here for four nights as part of a two week trip to the Cayman Islands, and was very very happy! I would most likely stay here again. (Check out my other reviews for Little Cayman Beach Resort and Grand Cayman Marriott, the two other places I stayed at).

Like most, I picked this place for the price and like most, I was concerned because it wasn't on the beach - it was not an issue at all.

The room was clean and spacious (a bit dated but still well maintained; bonus: two flat screen TVs in my room with good quality!), the food at Sunshine Grill was awesome, and wifi was free as it should be! The location was really good despite the fact that it wasn't on the beach - just note that if you stay at the Ritz which is only several feet away, you'd pay more than double but you'd be staying at the same side of the street as the Sunshine Suites! (Most of the rooms at the Ritz are not on the beach but they don't tell you that).

I was in a room on the second floor on the corner closest to the walkway to the beach (near the dive lockers), it was perfect for me.

TIPS:
1. Take your beach chair from Sunshine Suites and go to Governors beach - it is the part of Seven Mile beach to the right of the Westin, it's in front of the Governor's house so it's called Governor's beach. I saw two baby Eagle Rays and a stingray while snorkeling there. I talked to a few ladies there who said the eagle rays have been there the whole month.
2. Do the afternoon tea at the Ritz' The Silver Palm (check out my review with pics on that). It is walking distance from the Sunshine Suites
3. There are other good restaurants close by - Eatz Cafe is near the walkway to the beach from Sunshine Suites, and has a massive menu, with good prices and good portions.
4. Rent a car for a day and drive around the island, stopping at mulitple beaches along the way. Loved this experience! I stopped at about a dozen places, it was just so beautiful all around the island (bonus tip: If you have a Garmin GPS, most Garmins have Grand Cayman pre-loaded, you don't have to pay extra - I think it's because they used to have their HQ there; You don't really need it, but it was handy esp if you download Testudo's waypoints - just search for Testudo snorkeling here on TA or google).

Note on Service: One night I came to Sunshine Grill early for dinner, around 6PM. I was told they could not sit me even though there were 4 tables empty. I was told they were reserved so I said no problem, I'll wait. However, a family walked in and was immediately seated while I sat in the corner waiting (I was alone). I asked them if they had reservations and they said no they didn't. This made me really angry that I was made to wait even though there were 4 empty tables. I walked to the front desk, reported the issue and they resolved this for me immediately - they even comped my meal. Thank You Sunshine Suites for correcting the situation, I hope it doesn't happen again!

What could improve:
1. Breakfast - wasn't very good, I usually love breakfast but the food was not that good during my stay, I ended up not eating it after the first morning - go to Eatz Cafe, they have huge portions.
2. Dive Locker - I couldn't make the key to the dive locker work despite several tries so I ended up hanging my stuff in my room, no big deal since I had lots of space

Overall, great stay, I would return... Grand Cayman is quite expensive to visit, if you want to enjoy it and still have money to spend on the many wonderful restaurants on the island, you won't regret staying here!

Room Tip: If you plan to spend time on Seven Mile Beach, ask for a room closest to the beach walkway (although be aware the garbage dump is close by so some mornings you wake up to the sound of the garbage truck taking the dump away).
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank SunSandSea_and_Me
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The rooms were nice, altho a bit dated. The restaurant at the premises was great and the restaurant staff nice. Food at the restaurant was good and inexpensive (for Cayman standards). The hotel grounds were nice and clean, wi-fi in the rooms worked great. Warm breakfast wasn't all that great for the price. Close enough too the beach; any closer and the price would sky-rocket.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mia H
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Great place for the price. Cleanest place I ever stayed, inside and out. Loved the restaurant: casual dining, the food was delicious and not expensive. The bartenders were fun and helpful.
Cold breakfast was free, warm breakfast was around $7. If you want a quick and cheap
getaway, it is the perfect place. Across the street from the beach and through a quick path; the hotel gives you chairs and towels. The beach is pristine! Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family