“Great place and value”

Sunshine Suites Resort
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed March 16, 2012

The sunshine suites was a great place to stay. We stayed in #331 with 2 rooms and kitchenette. Our kids enjoyed the pool and short walk to the beach. Shopping for food and drink nearby. This was a perfect small place with no crowds and friendly staff. Just what we were looking for. The island is not cheap but this place makes it more affordable. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CherylandDarryl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,835)

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Let's not mess around, the cayman islands is an expensive place for a trip. We've now been three times as a good friend lives there and we have stayed here on the last 2 visits on his recommendation. It is ideally placed in the middle of the seven mile beach area and offers outstanding value for money for the size of rooms available. The staff are excellent and very friendly, always on hand to help out if needed. The pool area is spotless and the grill attached to the bar serves good food decently priced.
There will certainly be more glamorous locations to stay on this fantastic caribbean paradise, but few will offer the value for money the sunshine suites provides. Definitely one to check out.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank LotharSaltburn
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Have just returned from a 7 night stay at the sunshine suites in Grand Cayman and have to say what a great place,with great staff the rooms are spotless with a cooking area i.e fridge microwave and hob also free wi fi throughout hotel.The resort has a small pool which is located next to the sunshine grill restaurant that is extremely popular with people coming from some of the 5 star hotels nearby to eat there which does mean you do have to book as it is only small.7mile beach is a 2 minute walk away and the hotel also supplies chairs and umbrellas for the beach another plus point there are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby overall a great place to stay.

1  Thank gerry1958DerbyUk
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Stayed for one week in March 2012. Sunshine suites is a comfortable, well kept, clean resort. Grounds are beautifully landscaped. Great value for a resort situated across the road from Seven Mile Beach. Although some find crossing the road to be a nuisance, it wasn't an issue for my husband and I. Since we had a rental vehicle we would just drive over to Governor's Beach which is quieter and cleaner than the area between the Westin & Ritz.

Breakfast at the hotel was good, every second day there were hot items served as well; eggs & potatoes or pancakes. Good coffee.

A/C in room is noisy and difficult to control - I often found myself to be too cold.

Overall the experience was a good one and I would stay here again. We enjoyed the close proximity to shops, restaurants, and Seven Mile. For those who aren't afraid to cross a road, this place is perfect.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

The Sunshine Suites Resort is an excellent mid-range hotel: It has big, comfortable beds (with the kind or mattress that allows you to get in and out of bed without disturbing your sleeping spouse), a good internet connection, powerful (without being noisy) air conditioning, a clean bathroom with strong water pressure in the shower, lots of absorbant towels and more than ample (Neutrogena) amenities… I loved having a full-sized fridge for wine and bottled water, and a burner or two so I can make real tea and espresso (yes, I always bring my stovetop espresso pot with me on holiday)… We were extremely grateful for the peace and quiet in the evenings and at night — no loud, tacky live music coming from the pool area, as there so often is in Caribbean resorts, not even the sound of crashing waves, just blissful quiet… it goes without saying that I appreciated the friendly, efficient, professinal hotel staff who answered my emails almost immediately, were knowledgeable about the area, and quick to respond to any concerns I had.

From the minute I booked our stay, I knew we were going to have wonderful time at this hotel: I got the feeling from the emails responding to my initial questions about the room that the staff were truly looking forward to our stay; we felt welcome even before we arrived… and we DID enjoy the hotel, for all of the reasons I’ve noted above!

The only thing we really missed was having a balcony or terrace off our room…

I would like especially to thank one of the front desk clerks, a girl from France whose name has escaped me: she was very professional in dealing with my complaint about our bicycle rentals… we rented two bikes for the day but, unfortunately, the chain on one bike was rusted and loose and came off four times during our ride to Bodden Town… the other bike’s seat was way too low, having slid down completely as it had never been adjusted properly… offering bike rentals is a super idea, but the bikes should be stored inside somewhere out of the rain, otherwise their life span will be considerably shortened… it’s surprising that there aren’t more cyclists, given the flatness of the terrain…

I highly recommend this hotel!

I would like to add that Seven Mile Beach has beautiful, turquoise water and soft, powdery white sand… if you like holidays that include nothing but basking in the sun, reading on the beach and swimming, you will love Grand Cayman… but the island itself is very flat and not particularly pretty, and there is a good deal of traffic, way too much traffic in fact… there really aren’t any good trekking possibilities, no trails “off-the-beaten track” such as one finds in Grenada, Tobago or Bequia… and for a holiday to be perfect, for me at least, that’s absolutely crucial!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

My guests and I stayed at Sunshine Suites when we came to Cayman for my wedding and everyone loved it! It's very family-friendly, has super great staff, extremely clean rooms, every room has a little kitchenette, AND it's right across the street from a beautiful stretch of 7 mile beach. We checked out multiple hotels along 7-mile before settling on Sunshine Suites, and we couldn't have been happier. The rates were the right fit for our guests, and the staff (especially Nadia!) were SUPER accommodating! Thanks, everyone, for a fantastic week!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brenswee
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed in Grand Cayman before going to Jamaica in February. We chose the Sunshine Suites because we wanted an economical place to stay in the middle of all of the action. We were quite satisfied. The room was clean, cozy and comfortable and completely functional for the price compared to other resorts on SMB. We knew it wasn't on the beach so we rented a car, downloaded an awesome iOS app called SpotCayman (amazing Grand Cayman maps) and boogied all over the island. You just can't beat Grand Cayman. Driving is safe, restaurants are awesome - especially Over The Edge in North Side and Morgan's Harbour in West Bay (see - I told you we went everywhere!!). I think we hit every single beach on the island - even Barefoot Beach off the Queen's Highway. The snorkelling is awesome. If you want to save some money on the hotel, still be in the heart of SMB and splurge on other aspects - stay at the Sunshine Suites, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman
Margaritaville Beach Resort Gran...
#9 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach

Been to Sunshine Suites Resort? Share your experiences!