I've always resisted recommending the Avalon because I want to keep it for ourselves--but everyone deserves to try this absolutely perfect property. For almost 20 years our ever-growing family has come to Grand Cayman every year (except after Ivan). We stayed in a few nice places, until we booked the Avalon six years ago--and never looked back.Three lovely buildings, all only three stories high (unlike the newer mega-buildings that seem to be cropping up further down the beach) and elevators for easy access. Beautiful grounds, wonderful staff, gorgeous and comfortable units; all this on top of the best view ever. The ocean goes on forever and the sunets are picture perfect; either sit on your balcony or on the beach with other sunlovers to toast the sunsets. The sugary soft beach is never crowded and always perfectly kept up. The pool is a refreshing alternative to the warm, bouyant ocean and the grandkids love it. The adults love the hot tub. The small gym is well appointed and not ususally too busy. We've had many family celebrations and lovely dinners here--the balcony is the perfect place to begin and end the day. Units are tastefully decorated (we have a couple favs we always try to stay in), the modern kitchens are well appointed with great appliances, including a washer and dryer.The Avalon has grills for each building to use. Each unit has a garage and it's an easy drive to anywhere on the island. It may be more expensive than many places on the island but worth it. Note, December is a very busy time and the weather can be a little cooler in January-February but we think that's just fine, especially since it's a little quieter--though the island itself is alway peaceful. Can't wait to get back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience one of the most luxurious Grand Cayman condo complexes on Seven Mile Beach. The Avalon Condominiums offers tranquility to all guests, with its spacious and private condos all facing the crystal clear water of one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Each of our elegant, oceanfront villas features 3 beds, 3 baths, gourmet kitchen, screened dining terrace, and stunning beach views. Amenities include a fitness center, swimming pool, tennis court, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Avalon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Avalon Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- The Avalon Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands