The Avalon
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
$263
$174
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
$159
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
$589
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
$349
$439
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
$300
$250
$192
Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa(Seven Mile Beach)
$549
$425
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsdaily housekeepingfirst floorperfect locationwalking distancegrand caymanbeautiful condohot tubgreat place to stayunitsmilewestinbeachsandpropertyislandgymcrystal
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed in Unit 28 for a week in December 2011. With a unique touch the owners furnished the unit (esp. the living room) not with an island style but with an African Safari in mind, which I personally liked. Great layout and perfectly portioned rooms, modern, well equipped kitchen. The washer and dryer was very useful as well. Two balconies -one screened- with comfy furniture. The ocean steps away from the building was soo beautiful and perfect temperature I didn't even think about using the pool nor the jacuzzi. In case you want more than long walks on the beach, there's a gym for all you exercise needs. Each unit has a closed garage space. Customer service, housekeeping helpful and reliable. We had a few little problems like wifi and cable problems but Adrian from the office came and took care of everything promptly.
These I didn't complain about but I want to mention: we (4 of us) ran out of hot (or even warm) water to shower very fast. (On our last day we used the unit next to us and had no hot water either). I personally did not worry about that too much but I'm sure it could be an issue to others. Also I was sleeping in a bedroom with 2 twin beds and one of them just need a new mattress. First night I woke up every time I turned because of those noisy springs....(I used earplugs for the rest of our stay). But these really not major concerns to me, just observations. These won't prevent me from returning and highly recommending this unit and property.

(I'm also recommending in walking distance the following places: for lunch Sunshine Grill, lunch and drinks Tiki Beach, for dinner Casa Havana at The Westin, 7 Prime Cuts at the Ritz, and a little further down the beach, Luca. If you have a car, visit: Morgan's Harbour Restaurant and Pappagallo. Dive with Off the Wall Divers. Don't miss Rum Point and Sting Ray City).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank BTCS05
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We spent 9 days at the Avalon, Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman over Christmas. What a wonderful experience. The condo was modern, spacious and the sunsets were amazing. The condos are so close to the beach. Adrian at the front office does a wonderful job making sure you have the best vacation. He is a gem. Wakelyn the general manager also does an excellent job. We had daily maid service and all the women were so nice and friendly. At first it did not look like there were enough chairs for the beach but that was never a problem. The beach was not crowded at the condos compared to the hotels. I would recommend the Avalon to anyone wanting to stay in a condo instead of a hotel. It was nice to be able to eat breakfast and lunch in and then go out for a nice meal at night. There is a grocery store within walking distance but they are limited to what they sell. Fosters is a very nice grocery store but you cannot walk there. Every place we ate the food was delicious. There are restaurants and bars within walking distance of the condos. For shopping where the cruise ships come in you will need to take a cab or drive. We did rent a car but driving on the opposite side of the road was challenging at times. Just take it slow. If you go to seven mile beach and want a condo don't look anywhere else.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeannie R
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We've been coming to Grand Cayman for many years and have stayed at The Avalon several times. I won't repeat the earlier good reviews other than to say it is as good as advertised. As a summary:

Pro's:

- Only 27 units so pool and beach are never really crowded. Easy access outside.

- Helpful staff, always accommodating on things like late checkouts.

- Large outside patios, either fully or half screened in.

- Good technology, TV's etc.

- Short walk to Westin, Ritz, Red Sail activities

Con's

A few places to eat nearby but you need a car for better restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank moregolftravel
Reviewed December 2, 2010

We spent five days at The Avalon in November of 2010. We stayed in unit #19 with our two teenage daughters. We all loved the condo. It was beautifully decorated, modern, spacious. The staff does an excellent job of maintaining the place and keeping it clean. I would highly recommend The Avalon to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank nbsanders
Reviewed November 27, 2010

We just returned from Grand Cayman and stayed at Avalon on Seven Mile Beach.

The condo was unit #26 and was very clean and nice. The property managers were nice and helpful. It was a tad pricey, but it was just as advertised... a few notes in general about the location:

- if you do not see a wireless access point in the unit, ask the office. For a day I kept trying to connect to a different unit's and it never worked... I asked about it, they put one in our unit, and it worked great.
- the crowds from the cruise ships rarely made it up the beach that far
- the public beach is ~200 yards to the north, but the locals pretty much stayed there
- the beach was never busy even though everyone said it was the busy season... maybe ~10 people on that small stretch of beach at the most. A lot of time we had it all to ourselves
- they have busses that continuously travel the road along seven mile beach (West Bay?) (if you walk along the road they will honk to see if you want a ride). I believe it was 2 CI per passenger per trip.
- there are a few restaurants in walking distance, but everything is accessible with the busses
- one oddity we noticed in our short trip... I like to eat local places, but most locals just told us all the touristy spots. We did try a couple of places and we were the only caucasians the entire time. At all the other places, it was all caucasians. Not sure why or if we just did not find places where locals and tourists ate together... just seemed a little odd.
- there is a grocery store (Fosters Food Fair) as well as a bulk store (Cost U Less)
- there are almost no people bugging you trying to sell you things like most Caribbean resorts
- we found a great taxi driver, Ralston. He was nice and a had lived there his whole life and was a wealth of information: (345) 929-9825

If we can get reasonable flight prices... we would definitely go back.
Great time.