Hotel was nice, clean & safe. The negative for our whole vacation is that is was more expensive than I was expecting due to the weak dollar. Best things about hotel - beautiful beach, excellent snorkel area right behind hotel, large breakfast buffett, accomidating staff, overall cleanliness, very safe, turtles in lagoon, free parking, plenty of towels. Best things about the island - Very safe, Capt Marvins, Stingray City, lots of snorkel areas.
Advice - rent a car (we used the one across street from hotel) as it's the best way to get to everything. Food everywhere is expensive - Eat the hotel breakfast buffett (good food, moderatly priced, can take the place of breakfast & lunch). Buy a bottle of rum & soda & keep your own supply in your room. Hit as many island beach/snorkel spots as you can. Avoid shopping as it's a waste of time compared to our malls in the US
If we had the chance to return to Grand Cayman we would return to the Marriott. The dollar would have to be stronger though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands