My wife and I have just returned from the Marriott Grand Cayman. We had an excellent 7 day break in Grand Cayman. The hotel is much what you would expect from a Marriott - the rooms are clean and well furnished, the bed is very comfortable and each room has a decent size balcony which is big enough to sit out and relax. The beach is fantastic and there were always beach chairs available and very good service for drinks/lunch.
The location of the hotel is ideal - we walked into Georgetown one day for some shopping and next day walked up to the RitzCarlton for cocktails. If you prefer not to walk then the "bus" can take you up and down Seven Mile Beach and they are very inexpensive. Please note bus means small people carrier - they usually sound their horn if they see you walking and you can flag them down if you wish.
Dining in the hotel is expensive although I would disagree with some reviewers and considered the breakfast good value. It is 15 CI dollars but you get excellent choice and the omelettes were very good. You also have the option of getting a coffee and a muffin in the lobby area if you do not want to endulge early in the day.
We tried a few restaurants close to the hotel. Coconut Joe's is VERY informal but great food and pretty inexpensive. AquaBeach is a little disorganized but OK value and you can get a nice meal at Cimboco around the corner. All 3 of these are within 5 minutes walk.
The 2 negative comments I would say are as follows. The parrott they keep on exit to beach is very noisy so if you like to take an afternoon nap after a hard days sunbathing or if you like to sleep late - its very difficult in a Courtyard view room. Secondly as has been mentioned before the price of wine here is ridiculous. They charge 12CI dollars for cheapest glass of white wine. If you are a wine drinker go next door to Stngers bar in Comfort Inn where you get a very nice glass at less than half the price. Even the Ritz Carlton has wine starting from 9CI dollars!
Overall, a great stay and we wouldn't hesitate to book again although we may try Marriott St.Kitts next time. Anyone been to both and can provide comparison?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach House at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort makes you feel right at home. All of the spacious 295 guest rooms at our Grand Cayman resort have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar - a perfect place to end the night in the Cayman Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands