“Not for smokers, good for families”

Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Beautiful room, excellent service, good restaurants. The beach was well kept, but crowded. The chairs, chaircovers, and water toys were free. The drinks tasted watery. The snorkeling was okay. The lack of smoking spots was very frustrating.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ucan2can78
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Ucan2can78, thanks for reviewing our resort. We really appreciate your kind words about our beautiful room, excellent customer service and good restaurants.

I am glad you enjoyed your dining experiences with us the hotel! Cayman is fast becoming the gastronomic capital of the Caribbean - with more than 106 different nationalities represented on our beautiful island, it inevitably has a diverse culinary offering. At all of our restaurants, we provide fresh, simple and innovative dishes. By having various specialty nights, we feel that we can really showcase a diverse range of delicious cuisines.

Thank you also for your feedback on the areas that you felt warranted improvement. I have shared your comments with the team so we can evaluate how we can better serve our guests.

We appreciate you choosing Marriott and we hope to see you again in Cayman very soon!

There are newer reviews for Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I went to Grand Cayman July 7th to the 10th for a quick getaway..our first in 20 plus yrs. without our children. After booking the Marriott I was questioning if I made the right choice and keep checking with others about the Westin. On our 2nd day there we took a walk down the beach to see the Westin and go have Bfast at EATS CAFE( Awesome bfst served).After looking at 2 rms .ocean view and deluxe rm...we both felt that we made the right choice with the Marriott. Our bed was So Comfortable,the room clean and they had upgraded us to a court view rm (Rm 209)..very quiet. EVERYONE on the property was >>>Courteous >>>>Friendly and Willing to go the Extra mile. Howard and Nelson were so outgoing and helpful. Geri ,Caleb and Alex at the front desk were so more than kind & helpful they went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. At the beach the staff Ollie, Hedi and Lisa took time to hang with us and tell us about the island and restaurants to go to,etc. Mavis and all the staff of the hotel who do the cleaning were always friendly and smiling. I REALLY felt so COMFORTABLE there (as if i was there for many days rather then just 3 nights )by the way everyone treated us.I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Yes,the beach is narrow and if you get up early and go down to the beach and put some of your stuff on a chair and you will have front row seats. If not you will be sitting close to other people..We originally came from Bkyn so going to Reis beach you usually are right next to others or at Jones beach. We kind of liked it because we got to meet other people and when we wanted to see the beach we just went down to the water and sat in it. The BEACH is AMAZING the water is crystal clear and perfect temperature., NO SEAWEED!!!!!! Go to Cemetery beach for snorkeling as well as by the hotel.

We ate at the beach 3 times >had delicious wraps and salads, Cimboco and EATS Cafe for bfast, dinner @ Genuine Michael's at Cambana Bay AMAZING chicken wings!!!!!!!! and of course Sunshine Grill for their famous fish tacos.

SO Go & ENJOY and feel assured the Marriott is a great deal!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sunshine475

Dear sunshine475, thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our resort. We appreciate your kind comments about our nice rooms, courteous and friendly staff and amazing beach. I will tell Howard, Nelson, Geri, Caleb, Alex, Ollie, Heidi and Lisa that you mentioned them all in your feedback. They will be thrilled to hear about all the lovely things you said about them.

We want our resort to be a home away from home for our guests, with a warm, residential and cozy atmosphere so I am glad to hear that you felt very comfortable during your stay! Did you and your husband have the chance to explore our Artificial Reef project which is just a short swim from our beachfront? Many of our guests tell us that they really enjoy snorkelling around the man-made reef balls and often bring breadcrumbs to feed the colourful fish that surround the area. You may have noticed the relaxation platforms that we have floating along our beachfront as well — they create a fun setting for guests to decompress and nothing compares to the beautiful view of the ocean surrounding you.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to our beautiful island again very soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here with our three children in May, travelling from England. We are lucky to have been able to stay in wonderful hotels and visit exotic locations in the past, but this hotel and holiday will be unforgettable to us all, especially due to the attentive and friendly staff.

The location of the hotel is absolutely wonderful on 7 Mile Beach, with cool floating devices from which to observe the fish in the clean shallow waters in front of the hotel, and a reef which was great for snorkelling. The pool was just by the beach and lovely, and the garden with the turtle pond was ever so beautiful and relaxing. The food was outstanding every single mealtime. There was a lot of different choice every day: choice of food (Sushi, Mexican, Italian, Seafood....) and choice of location... by the beach, by the pool, in the turtle garden or inside: it was always delicious and we were never disappointed. The rooms are spacious and well appointed.

The kids club is by far the best we have ever experienced: outside in the shade, run by two ladies, Kathryn and Rhonna, which surely (MANAGER PLEASE LISTEN) are in line for a big raise or promotion for their absolute kindness, sense of fun and creativity when dealing with the children. Every day brought another adventure or arts project, from a treasure hunt to waterbaloon games, to making Caribbean animals out of beads and learning about dolphins, iguanas and turtles. They went out of their way to make the children happy and ours loved spending time with them. Whilst we had a lot of contact with Kathryn and Rhonna, they were not the only ones with an outstanding attitude: in general, staff went out of their way to help and make your stay truly wonderful. Everyone was attentive, friendly and thoughtful. There were so many nice little things this hotel put on, from "snack of the day" to " evening movies by the pool" which made out stay here so fantastic. Ever since we arrived back in England, the children have been on their best behaviour as they want to go back to Marriott Grand Cayman next year!!! Thank you soooooo much to everyone who made this an unforgettable holiday for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear ANR317, we appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of your time with us. We are so glad that you and your family had an unforgettable holiday! Thank you also for your lovely comments about our attentive and friendly staff, wonderful location, outstanding food and well-appointed rooms.

Aren’t Kathryn and Rhonna absolutely fantastic? When my General Manager asked me to come up with a kids’ program I wanted to offer our families something different rather than having a Kids Club where children just end up watching movies and playing on the PlayStation. I thought about all the activities that we used to enjoy from our childhood – so Kathryn and I chose activities that families could do together such as spending time around a bonfire and making S’mores, kite flying and building boats to race in the Turtle Lagoon. Our aim was to make it less about technology and more about re-connection. I am so glad that your kids had a great time!

Thank you for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to see you and your family again next year (fingers crossed the kids will be on their best behavior in the meantime!)

Reviewed July 14, 2014

the best hotel team we ever found in any Marriott or any other hotel.Very kind, very friendly, genuinely interested in our well being and ready to try to accomodate any special request we had.Excellent service at the reception (Melina) at the Red parrot restaurant (Bernael+Eloisa, Dorrine,Mirna,Andres,Michael,Asith,Sheila, Anne),at the Solana restaurant (Marc + Wendy,Sebastien,Savio),at the Balboa (Valeria) at the Pool (Litha,Morine). Will go back.

1  Thank Mattia G

Dear Mattia G, thank you for taking the time to review our resort. It is so wonderful to hear that you think we are the best hotel team you have ever found in any Marriott or any other hotel! Hearing this amazing compliment is music to our ears!

I will make sure to share your generous comments with Melina, Bernal, Eloisa, Dorrine, Mirna, Andres, Michael, Asith, Sheila, Anne, Marc, Wendy, Sebastian, Savio, Valeria, Litha and Morine. Everyone will be absolutely thrilled to hear that you mentioned them individually in your review.

I agree, I think we have the friendliest, kindest and most professional team in Cayman. Our staff genuinely care and want to go above and beyond to ensure that our guests are having a great vacation experience. We invest around 80 hours of one-to-one training in our employees every year so I am glad to learn that all their hard work is paying off!

Thank you for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to see you and your family back here again very soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My girlfriend and I just got back from a great vacation with family. We stayed at the marriott and five other family members stayed at the beach suites just down the road. Upon our arrival we were greeted by exceptional staff at the door. They took our bags and showed us to the front desk where Laura took care of us. She was there all week during our stay and was exceptional. We checked in to a courtyard room which was awesome but asked for a beach front room if one became available. The next day she contacted me to tell me a room was available if we would like to move. We said yes and she sent a bellman up to help us move to our new room. The ocean front room was great and a pleasure to wake up to each morning as well as falling asleep to the sound of the ocean. Each and every staff from the room attendants to the restaurant staff and beach staff were all so very friendly Regardless of the very few poor comments regarding the beach area all I can say is the beach was great. Yes there are a lot of chairs but they are very accommodating and there was always chairs available at any point in the day. One bad thing was if you leave your chair for too long like we did to have lunch in Solana restaurant. When we went back to the beach chairs someone else gad taken them. It wasn't a pleasant site especially when so e of our stuff was there. But rather than cause a frenzy I had the beach attendant take care of it and it was all worked out. The sol bar is great for daily drinks and lunch or snacks. The courtyard garden is awesome and soothing with the turtles hanging out all day. Overall I can't say anything negative. It was just a great experience not to mention I proposed to the love of my life on the resort grounds. I wish I had mentioned it to the staff. Maybe I would have gotten something complimentary as I have read some other reviews that got some. The movie night was good. Jam night at the sol bar was good. The bonfire was a nice touch on the beach with s'mores and the way they light up the beach area and water at night gives it great ambiance. I have already recommended the marriott to friends and family. And for the record. The beach suites hotel down the road us terrible. Our family had a bad experience and will never return there. The marriott is where it will be.. Can't wait to go back. Thank you all marriott staff for a pleasurable stay and great facility...

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony B

Dear Tony B, thanks for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you and your family had a great vacation! We appreciate your glowing comments about our exceptional staff (I will tell Laura you mentioned her), great beach and our good food. And congrats on your recent engagement! Yes it would have been fantastic if you mentioned your plans about popping the question at our resort, we would have gone out of our way to make sure that it was extra special!

I agree, our Beach House offers a lot of fun activities. One of my favourites is our bonfire nights and S’mores because it evokes the carefree feeling of summertime! Did you and your family also have the chance to check out our free bike rentals? One of the most enjoyable ways you can spend a beautiful breezy morning in Cayman is by discovering the island by bicycle. We were inspired by memories of riding along through the picturesque countryside with loved ones during our own vacation experiences and wanted to re-create these special moments for our guests. We hope you had the chance to reconnect with your family in the same way!

Thank you for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to welcome you and your family back again very soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

overall positive experience. check in was effortless , thanks to Sonia at the front desk. Rooms were clean and comfortable, loved the bed pillows. The food was always good, especially at the solanna restaurant where we had two exceptional dinners(thank you Rameesh for the perfect family seating birthday dinner for 12). The beach was ideal for all ages, especially enjoyed the snorkeling. the downside is the very small beach, to much area is dedicated to the Red Sail concession ,and the roped off area for their water toys. The pool is also very small,unlike other Marriott resorts. I understand their will be additional upgrades. Although the courtyard turtle pond is cute, another option would be to relocate the turtles to the front entrance. Use the courtyard as another water option for guests. Finally, the dollar conversion from cayman currency is very deceiving and expensive,so pay attention to the final calculation.If you do one off premise excursion, consider Stingray city, starfish cove and snorkeling with Oh Boy charters. What a beautiful , and unforgettable experience we had with captain Steve, and Domingo. They were kind , informative, and good humored. The water surrounding the Caymans is arguably the most beautiful in the Caribbean.Thank you all for any part you played in ensuring our lovely family vacation.

Room Tip: upper floors courtyard are a good choice. beware of oceanfront rooms located over bar or restaurant...
1  Thank Lorraine300

Dear Lorraine300, thanks a lot for sharing feedback on your recent experience with us. We are happy to hear that you and your family had a relaxing vacation! We appreciate your generous comments about our good food as well as our clean and comfortable rooms. I will tell Sonia that you mentioned her – she will be delighted to learn that she made a great impression during check-in. And I will definitely pass on your compliments to Rameesh.

I agree, I think the food at Solana is fantastic. We are proud of our various theme nights, which give us the opportunity to really showcase a diverse range of cuisines. One of my favorites is the Unlimited Lobster evening on Wednesdays. From the Lobster Thermidor to Lobster Mac and Cheese, there is a huge variety to choose from and they are always made fresh to order. I am thrilled to hear that you had two exceptional dinners at Solana!

Thank you for your invaluable feedback and for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman. We hope to welcome you back to our beautiful island again very soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We went with a large group and debated between the Westin and Marriott. We never saw the Westin, (except on the road when we drove by) but we were happy with the Marriott. The main reason was its man made reef. There was a great variety of fish right at your fingertips. They also have these circular rafts (about 12) floating in the water and some near the reef. The kids sat on the raft and could see a lot of fish swim right by them, especially when bread was fed to the fish. At low tide in the morning- to get to the furthest raft was only about 4 feet deep.

What is said about the beach and chairs in other reviews in true. They are close together and the beach is narrow. But there was enough room for families to spread out a bit when playing on the sand near the water. If you were not in the first row, there was not much room in the front of your chairs to play in the sand if your group had several kids, as ours did. Because the waves wash up the way they do, there are lots of crushed shells you need to pass before getting to the soft sand in the water. If there were any more, I would have wanted my water shoes. The great snorkeling and warm calm water made us overlook the other things.

Pool was not large, and at times difficult to find a chair since there was only one row surrounding the pool. But it's a short walk to your beach chairs.

We got an ocean view room which was a good size. Seemed recently renovated. The bathroom is pretty large with a long counter- enough so that when the kids were sleeping my husband could work in the bathroom on his laptop without being near the sink/tub/ or toilet.

We had problems with our flight, but the Marriott was very understanding and changed our reservations without penalty. Upon check in Raphael knew of our situation and felt bad for the way our trip started. He made every effort to make sure our stay was wonderful. He was a standout at the check-in desk. Also giving good advice about the restaurants when we asked. There's also samples of rum cake, little stuffed turtles for the kids, and a laminated fish card with the fish at the reef when you check in. Rum punch was not given to us and when we informed the front desk the next day (as others checking in were receiving them) they said they would order it for us or we could go to bar when we wanted them.

Howard at the front doors was also very friendly and helpful. Most greeted us as we walked in and out- but only a few went the extra step to see how we were doing.

The beach service wait staff was also very friendly. It was nice not to get up for our drinks or food. A true vacation. You can pick up chair towels in addition to beach towels at the towel hut. No one told us, we started noticing everybody with white towels on their chairs so we asked.

Breakfast buffet was good, omelet station, bacon, sausage, freshly prepared waffles, yogurt, juice, variety of cut and fresh fruits, breads, French toast, blueberry pancakes, oatmeal, and cold cereals. One to two dishes would change each day, but for the most part, it stayed the same.

Many restaurants within walking distance. We tried Cimboco, Aqua, Raguzzi, and Coconut Joes for dinner. All of which we liked. We did not have dinners at the hotel, with so many choices outside, we wanted to venture off the resort Cabana Bay is also within walking distance. There's a gas station near by to pick up water/drinks and snacks.

A couple of scheduled kid activities during the day- would have like a little more. Ranged from looking for lizards on the resort to coloring pages.

I tried contacting the hotel through email, but my inquiries were not always answered. The best experience was through the vacation planner who will contact you before you leave. I didn't try calling.

1  Thank skimomNewYork

Dear skimomNewYork, we appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of our resort. We are glad that you had a fun and relaxing time with your family! Thank you also for your nice comments about our friendly customer service. I will tell Raphael that you said he was a stand-out – he will be thrilled to learn of such a wonderful compliment from a guest. Howard will also be happy to hear that you found him friendly and helpful.

You mentioned that you enjoyed the Artificial Reef Project, which is a stone’s throw away from our beachfront, but did you and your group have the chance to check out the Kittiwake Shipwreck Tour, organized by Red Sail Sports (next to the Towel Hut and pool)? They offer boat rides to the Kittwake a few times a week – it is one of the most unforgettable experiences! What I really like about it is that you don’t have to be an experienced diver to appreciate the wreck. It is one of the most accessible shipwrecks with the top of it within seven feet of the surface – it is like being in a swimming pool. Plus the wreck is slowly being transformed into an artificial reef and is teeming with colorful fish. It really is an experience that is not to be missed!

Thank you for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to see you and your family again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seven Mile Beach
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End

Been to Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort? Share your experiences!