We just returned from a six day trip to the Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort. The location is outstanding with fantastic dining options across the street (more on that later). The staff was incredibly friendly and the hotel was very clean. Many of the reviews shared a lot of activities for families and all of them are true. This hotel had an event every night for families-from movie night to Smore's as well as many activities at the pool. The beach assistant's walked around each afternoon offering popsicles and even cotton candy one day. I would highly recommend the Marriott for families. However, I would not recommend it if you are looking for a romantic getaway. The beach is very narrow and despite the fact that we arrived in the off season, kids were everywhere as beach chairs were literally on top of one another. Also, there is a smoking section on the beach however guests smoked no matter where they sat. It was frustrating to stake out our seats early in the morning and get settled in only to have someone nearby smoking. The pool area was nice but small. For a resort, I thought it would be much bigger and I swore it had two pools including a swim up bar. It does not. You never have to leave the hotel all week as there are different themed nights for dining options in the hotel. There is also a dive center right on site to book excursions albeit they are quite expensive and many other options are available on the island with free pick up for guests at the hotel.
There is no concierge lounge and as Gold members we are usually provided with a free breakfast at the hotel when no concierge lounge is on site however, that is not the case at this Marriott. I exchanged emails with the hotel prior to arrival and they made it very clear that breakfast was not included. When we checked in we were provided with a free breakfast for 2 the first day which was nice. Regularly it is 22 CI per person. Directly across the street is an outside eatery called Coconut Joes. They have a great breakfast ranging from 7-11 CI and also have reasonable lunch options too. The fish tacos are fantastic. Also, across the street is Craft F&B. The beer options are the best on the island and the food is outstanding. We ate at Craft 4 times during our visit. Again, the prices are much more reasonable than the hotel. One night we went to Decker's for their Lobster night. It was 49 CI per person versus 75 CI at the Marriott.
The concierge was unable to make reservations for the two excursions we chose...a snorkel trip to Starfish Reef, Stingray City, and two other reefs with Tours Cayman as well as a horse swim with Pampered Ponies because the hotel does not have an agreement with those groups. The snorkel trip with Tours Cayman was 30 CI per person with a 5% discount if you pay cash. The snorkel trip with the watersport center located at the hotel is 80 CI. We were picked up at our hotel by both Tours Cayman and Pampered Ponies. The bar prices at the hotel were costly but that was to be expected. Most of the frozen drinks were 12 CI and beer around 6.50-7 CI per can. It can be quite costly.
Overall, a nice hotel with very friendly staff. However, if you are looking for a romantic getaway, this may not be the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands