From the moment we arrived to when we departed the attitude and service we received at the Grand Cayman Marriott was very exceptional. We stayed 5 nights and enjoyed the beach and ocean. They have these cute floating circles in the water tied to the ocean floor that you can lay in the water in them, but at the same time you are floating on the surface and getting the sun's rays too. Hah! We used them a little too much and got burnt. So caution the sun's rays are very strong here and our lotion washed or melted off with the high humidity. The limited resort grounds are well kept and clean. There were lots of chairs and umbrellas at the beach and pool. No need to rush out early at this time of year unless you wanted first row to the beach. Pool area was nice but never went in it as the ocean here was just to calm, clear, warm, and perfect.
Accommodations, not completely thrilled: the first room they gave us on the top floor smelled, it had a serious room moisture or a/c system mold problem, we immediately asked for a different room and that one was fine. Shame on them for the first room, this isn't supposed to be at a 4 star property.
We understand the rooms were recently renovated, but we found the decor in ours to be on the dull and bland more fitting a state-side business Marriott rather than a Caribbean resort which should bright and energizing. The bed was fairly uncomfortable and disappointing, either to worn or just a cheaper grade of mattress. Again below the expected standard of a 4 star property. The Bathroom was fine and towels flowed freely.
Food and beverage prices are very high, then add the 125% Cayman dollar exchange rate premium vs the USD and the 15% automatic gratuity and everything at this resort can be rather pricey quickly. But I would say that is an issue at most resort properties and not exclusive to this Marriott, so rather just a caveat emptor for all US visitors to this island.
Outside food and beverage could be less, the same, or even more. But certainly cheaper bottled water or beverages is readily available at the gas station across the street or nearby supermarkets rather than paying these silly Marriott resort prices.
Don't think we'd stay here again only due to the bedding, but I can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff and the accommodation to all service requests. I understand the public spaces are being freshened up this summer, but we had no problem with them as they are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands