Although our trip had a bumpy start, it ended in bliss. The resort has recently underwent room renovations which were beautiful in blues, corals, and creams. If you're in an ocean front room, it's better to be as high as possible. We were on the second floor(there's only 5) and it was a little noisy at times.
The staff is outstanding to say the least. Alex at the front desk will solve any problems that may arise with ease and Davina and Arlene at the concierge desk will arrange your adventures with a smile. They are a great reference for recommendations about restaurants and the island in general.
Also, make sure to visit Wallace at the Red Parrot. He makes a perfect omelet with a delicious homemade salsa. The breakfast buffet is truly wonderful. There are lots of choices to suit anyone's tastes from fruits, pastries, and breads to eggs, french toast, and local Cayman specialties. Personally, I would pass on the buccaneer feast held on Friday nights. The food is fine, but the entertainment consists of a two person band and a very brief visit from a gentleman that performs a little bit of limbo dancing/fire eating.
As far as activities at the hotel, Red Sail is the main provider on site. We scheduled Stingray City with them and found it disappointing. We went in the afternoon and there were at least four other boats at the same location. The only stingrays we saw were ones swimming under the water. There were too many people vying for the same stingrays. I would suggest going with a smaller company off-site in the morning hours so that you would have a better chance to actually interact with the stingrays instead of just watching them fly by. Also, you can rent jet skis with Red Sail at the hotel but you are limited in how far you can go with them. We were ready to return them after about 10 minutes.
The beach is small but like walking on velvet. The hotel has chairs along the beach and pool. Additionally, the resort has various water items to lounge on. They were a perfect way to stay cool while basking in the sun.
Also, for those traveling from the United States who desire a little fast food, there is a Pizza Hut right across the street and a Wendy's just down the road. There is also a convenience store right beside the Pizza Hut for any drinks that you might want to place in the room mini-refrigerator.
One last recommendation, if you need a tour of the island or just a ride into Georgetown call Andy Native Taxi Service and ask for Melita. She picked us up from our swim with the dolphins and took us by Hell(the city) at no additional cost. She has a wealth of information about the island and its' history. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (345)916-3393.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands