We booked a feather free oceanfront junior suite months ahead and requested a high floor to avoid noise.
Upon arrival we were told the only room that was ready as feather free, especially for us, was on the 3rd floor by the pool. We were guaranteed it was a quiet room. Ha! When we entered the room it was old, musty and dirty looking and nothing like the photos online but we didn't complain. As we went to take a 10 minute nap before unpacking we noticed all the pillows had feathers. We called the front desk and they sent someone from housekeeping who told us there is no such thing as a "feather free" room.
When we insisted because of allergies she managed to find a couple of foam pillows with dirty pillow cases. Well they were better than feathers so we took them in exchange for the feather pillows. They only change the linens every 3-4 days and that was a shocker as that never happened in our travels before. But welcome to the Marriott Grand Cayman. Most days we would not get enough clean towels in the room, and forget about getting washcloths, occasionally we would get one. As far as shampoo etc., they would give us all hair conditioner instead of the expected shampoo, lotions etc.
They were also very stingy with the soap, and had to beg for a larger bar for the shower.
Well we let that all be forgiven as we wanted to enjoy our vacation and already wasted 1/2 the day getting rid of feathers and mustiness in the room. The only good thing about this hotel was the beach and water. As far as noise, being above the pool, we were awaken daily at 6 AM by screaming kids and up until 3 AM from drunken noisy adults hanging by the pool. And we paid full price for this"quiet"suite. The pool was crowded and never cleaned and the hot tub was ultra hot. On our last day there my wife developed a UTI and had to see the local doctor. The doctor said she never saw the bacterial count so high and it showed up in the test in seconds not minutes like it usually takes. We mentioned she was in the hot tub a few times and told me to inform the hotel about the UTI from the hot tub or pool. We swim at YMCA's year round and hotels in the winter and never got a UTI before. On hindsight we should have avoided the hot tub and pool and the Marriott altogether. Never again, fool us once, shame on you, but you won't fool us again. If we ever travel to Grand Cayman again we will stay at a condo! However there are better islands to visit so we probably won't be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands