“A first time, with many to come”

Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We choose to stay at the Marriott because of the kid friendly atmosphere. We were spot on. They staff at the hotel were so wonderful from the minute we arrived. So helpful and friendly. Made our 3 kids that were with us feel right at home and excited to see and explore the hotel. They Hotel was very clean and kept up very well. The beach had wonderful accommodations for all. There was fantastic snorkeling, jet ski's, banana boat rides. stationary floats. Lots of kids. Good size pool. However, we did not use the pool once because the beach was so wonderful. The staff at the hotel were incredible. Rafael, was amazing and helpful. My kids loved him and there was not a time that we walked by that he did not great my children by name. The staff from the restaurants were great also. Pippino was the most welcoming, great Chef! Again, wonderful with us and the kids. Hugged us as we walked in, made us feel like we were at home. Carlos also from the Red Parrot was extremely helpful and kind. Took extremley good care of us. If you are looking for a great family spot in the Caymans, this is a good one! Lots to do for all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,384)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Chose to stay here instead of the Ritz after reading reviews that didn't justify the cost of the Ritz over the Marriott. I made the wrong decision. While the staff is wonderful, the resort is dated and run down. I had an oceanfront room but was so grateful I spent no time in it. If I wasn't traveling with a number of friends, I would have cut my stay short I was that disappointed and uncomfortable (holes in the wall of the bathroom). The hotel needs a remodel ASAP.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Cayman M, Director of Rooms Operations at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Kah99, Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us, In regards to the concerns you expressed about the room quality, I truly regret that you were disappointed on the accommodations offered to you, but I am pleased to inform you that the hotel will undergo a massive renovation starting in August which includes our guest rooms. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and happy that you were satisfied with their service. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to after the renovations and prove to you that we strive to deliver optimal level of service.
Ingrid Chaves
Director of Rooms Operations

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have stayed in Marriott's all over the world and this is just another great Marriot experience. Clean rooms, friendly staff (but service is slow), great amenities, good food, the only complaint is that there is only 1 set of 3 elevators in the entire hotel, and sometimes only 2 were working, but no big deal really. The beach was beautiful and clean, get up early if you want a front row view on the beach.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here with my 17 year old son on a scuba vacation. The staff were without exception friendly and helpful. The property is very nice, with all the amenities required for a first class vacation. We were able to take care of all our dive booking at the Red Sail Sports desk on site, and the snorkeling off the beach on the reef balls was a lot of fun; just look out for the sea urchins.

The rooms are standard Marriott; if you've stayed in one you'll recognize these; nice but nothing especially memorable. The only clue you aren't sleeping in Detroit or Chicago is the tropical art on the walls. The pool/hot tub deck isn't especially roomy, and neither is the beach, but is nicely done and never felt crowded.

There is easy access to shops and restaurants along West Bay Road, and we even caught the Cayman Bus up to the Turtle Farm one afternoon when we took a break from diving. I need to especially compliment the front of the house staff; we never walked in our out without seeing a smiling face and a friendly hello. Nelson explained the bus service and got us pointed in the right direction, and was very helpful getting a cab scheduled to get us to the airport for our early morning flight home. Julie at the breakfast bar remembered us every morning, and made sure that we had everything we needed.

The food at the restaurants was very good, but nothing so memorable that I'd recommend a special trip to eat here.

As is everything on Grand Cayman, it is a bit pricy, but that is to be expected. Paying for internet access always annoys me though; when we stay at Fairfield Inns on family road trips, breakfast and internet are included for less than $100/night per room. Though I'm paying more than $300/night here with all the fees and taxes, I can (almost) rationalize $25 for bagels and juice at breakfast. But $60 for internet access for 5 days gets my goat (yes, I realize I'm on vacation in the Caribbean and shouldn't be wasting time on the web, but I do like to make Facetime calls to family and read my local paper in the morning).

Internet charges and the food are are what makes this a "Very Good" rating instead of "Excellent."

Room Tip: We had a room along the ground floor, facing the courtyard near the lobby, and heard a lot of traffi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Pete G, I would like to thank you for the kind comments you made on the caring service provided by Nelson and Julie. I will share your comments with them as feedback such as yours encourages them to continue striving for service excellence. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to serving you well again.
Ingrid Chaves
Director of Rooms Operations

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Nice property in a great location - end of the beach but an en walk to nicer parts of the beach and close to town. Stay here but don't eat here - food and service are better elsewhere. Good base for the visitor that will be off exploring all Cayman has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2013
Grand Cayman M, Director of Food and Beverages at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Johnseidl, Thank you for sharing your feedback. I agree with you we are in a prime location on Seven Mile Beach and very close to George Town, I truly regret we did meet your expectations regarding food and service , I apologize for the inconveniences and I hope that in the future we will be able to serve you again and leave a different impression on you. Should you decide to visit this beautiful island again, kindly let me know.
Nicolas Marzioni
Director of Food and Beverages

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Very clean room and the more upmarket restaurant on the beach was very good.

Was quite expensive for what it was though. Pool/beach area is nice but way too busy. Rooms are small and a bit non-descript. Took forever to provide our room on arrival.

Nothing really wrong but I expected more.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear JPandJen, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel; I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food at the Solana Restaurant. I hope you had the opportunity to try our Buccaneers Feast night as is the most popular Them Night in our Restaurant. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Nicolas Marzioni
Director of Food and Beverages

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Booked a week's vacation through CheapCaribbean.com. The room was clean, roomy enough for three and in very good condition. The beds were of high quality comforters, furniture was heavy wood, and in room safe and refrigerator were in good working condition, and the TV was a 37" LED. Nothing to complain about here.

People who write that the hotel is old and dinghy, must not travel through the caribbean often. You must keep the AC blowing at 70* to keep the dampness out of your room. The facility is of Marriott quality, for an established property. The beach is clean and has plenty of lounge chairs and shade for everyone, no extra charge for umbrellas like some resorts. The pool is an average size, and is close to the beach. There are some really fun floats out in the water and snorkeling is a nice touch around the man made reefs.

The staff was the most friendly we have ever experienced in any Caribbean resort. Pablo checked us in and worked his magic to get us a Rewards Member room upgrade, and Courtney had our bags in our room before we got there. Anne served us lunch (awesome pizza) and our first island drinks, in the lobby - with a smile and a glad your here with us attitude. Julie had my coffee and fresh banana ready each morning I came down, greeted me by name, and compared places we have both lived/worked as "citizens of the world". Rachel and Rod kept the poolside drinks flowing, as the other Courtney (poolside) provided some island history and recommendations for excursions and restaurants. The Mgmt staff is to be commended for their leadership and ability to keep exceptional quality team members.

We would have no issue with staying there again.

Room Tip: There are only a few "ocean front rooms" and are priced higher. If you are only there to s...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seven Mile Beach
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#5 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End

Been to Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort? Share your experiences!