I stayed here with my 17 year old son on a scuba vacation. The staff were without exception friendly and helpful. The property is very nice, with all the amenities required for a first class vacation. We were able to take care of all our dive booking at the Red Sail Sports desk on site, and the snorkeling off the beach on the reef balls was a lot of fun; just look out for the sea urchins.
The rooms are standard Marriott; if you've stayed in one you'll recognize these; nice but nothing especially memorable. The only clue you aren't sleeping in Detroit or Chicago is the tropical art on the walls. The pool/hot tub deck isn't especially roomy, and neither is the beach, but is nicely done and never felt crowded.
There is easy access to shops and restaurants along West Bay Road, and we even caught the Cayman Bus up to the Turtle Farm one afternoon when we took a break from diving. I need to especially compliment the front of the house staff; we never walked in our out without seeing a smiling face and a friendly hello. Nelson explained the bus service and got us pointed in the right direction, and was very helpful getting a cab scheduled to get us to the airport for our early morning flight home. Julie at the breakfast bar remembered us every morning, and made sure that we had everything we needed.
The food at the restaurants was very good, but nothing so memorable that I'd recommend a special trip to eat here.
As is everything on Grand Cayman, it is a bit pricy, but that is to be expected. Paying for internet access always annoys me though; when we stay at Fairfield Inns on family road trips, breakfast and internet are included for less than $100/night per room. Though I'm paying more than $300/night here with all the fees and taxes, I can (almost) rationalize $25 for bagels and juice at breakfast. But $60 for internet access for 5 days gets my goat (yes, I realize I'm on vacation in the Caribbean and shouldn't be wasting time on the web, but I do like to make Facetime calls to family and read my local paper in the morning).
Internet charges and the food are are what makes this a "Very Good" rating instead of "Excellent."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands