After reading some of the reviews on here I was a little skeptical before we went to the Marriott Grand Cayman. This was the first trip we've been on to the beach since our honeymoon 7 years ago, and we wanted it to be nice. However, any doubts quickly faded away once we got there and were greeted by the nicest staff, and most beautiful scenery. We had a very early flight, so I expected our room not to be ready when we got there. We simply changed into our swim suits in the bathroom, then checked our luggage with the bell man, who locked it in the luggage room, and we headed to the beach until our room was ready. The beach is immaculate, and we really enjoyed the free umbrellas & chairs, as well as the floats our in the water. The staff is very attentive.
I will agree with some of the reviews that the food at the resort is ridiculously expensive, but we kind of expected that. So the evening of our first day there, we walked (about 10-15 mins) to the grocery store, and filled up our backpack with food like peanut butter & jelly, bread, cheese & crackers, nuts, fruit, etc. There is a mini fridge in the room, so that helps. We ate breakfast in our room everyday, and lunch most days. It saved us so much money!!! Plus my husband has celiac, so he is gluten free, so the grocery option made it a lot easier for us. I was impressed with the gluten free selection at the grocery store.
On a sidenote: when we arrived we had only paid for the "island view", which means no view, but we were upgraded to an ocean view. What a nice surprise. The hotel had everything you really need, and the gardens are beautiful. I didn't see the Ritz, but I have to believe that the Marriott has the nicest beach around. Seriously gorgeous! I have no complaints about this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands