Stayed for 10 nights in mid-April. The property itself is much smaller than other Marriott resorts we have visited. It was neat, clean and the people were VERY friendly. I can honestly way we never encountered a grumpy or non-helpful person during our stay.
One negative is that we had to move twice. The first move was to get a better view - there is a large awning over the outdoor restaurant that blocked much of the beach view from our room. No problem - our choice and they were great about moving us to a higher floor.
The next move was not so great. Be aware that they use rooms adjoining guest rooms (we were in 544) for conferences. We were awakened at 7:30am on Monday morning by loud voices, laughter and clapping from a meeting starting up next to us. When we went down to the front desk we were told that the meeting was only that day. OK, no problem. When we were awaked the next morning by the same thing we were not happy - the meetings were actually lasting until Wednesday. After some wrangling we were moved to another room where no meetings were scheduled.
The beach area in front of the hotel is small and can get crowded, but the staff is very helpful in trying to get you chairs and an umbrella. The snorkeling right off the beach is great. We would usually walk a little to the north (right as you are facing the water) to avoid the rocks in the water.
The food at the hotel is excellent (especially breakfast). The food and beverage supervisor, Carlos E, went out of his way to greet us every day and make sure we were happy with the food and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands