“Fantastic!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Providence, Rhode Island
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I along with our 2 sons stayed at the Marriott from 4/12 to 4/18. What a great vacation and our experience at the Marriott made it that much better. We were amazed with and can't say enough about the staff.
ALL were amazing, very hard workers, friendly, and attentive. I wish we could mention them all by name but several standouts were Rafael at the front desk, Nelson at the main entrance, Ollie outdoor server, and Ariel on the beach. The Marriott should be very thankful to have them on staff and we hope to return to see them again soon.
While there are some updates, room wise, that are needed, the hotel was clean, the food was delicious, there was plenty of outdoor seating (you do need to rise early to reserve them), and it was a great location on seven mile beach.

Room Tip: Our first night we stayed in the courtyard, 3rd floor which was nice but my husband surprised me wit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Cski02908

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,462)
  • Polish first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott in April 2013. It was a great experience. The rooms are clean with good amounts of toiletries (Bath and Body Works's orange ginger aromatherapy). Easy check-in. Great concierge that helped to book meals and excursions. Nice pool. Spacious rooms. The only downside is that it is in a narrow portion of Seven Mile Beach and the beach is not as deep, causing congestion of beach chairs. Swimming and snorkeling are great! Free wi-fi as Marriott gold members. Free parking. Great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockaway, New Jersey
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Grand Cayman from 4/8 - 4/12/13. We had an amazing time and we attribute our experience to the attentive staff, and the beautiful, well kept hotel. There were many mixed reviews about this hotel so, we were skeptical; however, the issues that some others complained about were not a big deal for us.

Most people complained about the hotel needing updating and the small, rocky beach. The hotel was not the fanciest that I've ever seen but it was very clean and well maintained, nothing was broken or falling apart and the grounds were immaculate! The beach is smaller than most but by all means it was sufficient. My greatest complaint was that beach chairs were so close together that you felt like you were invading someone else's space (the only reason that I gave it 4 stars instead of 5). The area near the beach was rocky but that is because there is a man made reef to attract fish. I highly recommend renting the snorkeling equipment! While the water was clear enough to see some of the fish while standing in the water, you have no idea what lies beneath the surface until you don snorkeling gear and look more closely. Snorkeling literally felt like swimming in an aquarium! The snorkeling gear was $15 CI for 24 hours of use and well worth the money.

We ate at the Sol, Red Parrot and the Solana restaurants. Each meal was very well seasoned, visually appealing and the service was second to none. Wednesday nights is all you can eat lobster night at the Solana, and while it was a little hard on the pocket, eating lobster on the beach at sunset was an unforgettable, priceless experience that I highly recommend.

All of the staff members were great but upon arrival at the hotel Caleb welcomed us in and gave us great information, Ms. Avis stopped to chat as if we were old friends and the doorman, Neally went out of his way to answer every inquiry. Kudos to the staff!

I highly recommend this hotel for couples who are interested in just relaxing by the pool or at the beach or families with children.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed ten nights at this hotel, and whilst Cayman is such a great place the hotel was a bit of a damper. The hotel decor is tired and although the room price is high only very few have any view to talk of. As for the beach, it wasn't really one. There are hundreds of people crammed onto a postage stamp area, when the other six and a half miles of beach were empty. I was amazed that during our first seven days we were moved off of the beach area every day, due to a wedding or some corporate function taking place, without any consideration. It was also extremely irritating that the mainly American guests either spent all day shouting across the beach at each other or abandoned their towels on the loungers giving the impression they were occupied when in fact they were not. All in all not a great experience.

Room Tip: Stay away from the third floor as this is where all the functions take place and late into the night
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David W
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am sitting at the airport on my way home as I write this, relaxed and happy. This was my first ever "Mommy Break". Left my family at home and spent 3 nights at the Marriott Grand Cayman! I cannot tell you how beautifully I was treated by the entire staff. As a woman traveling alone I felt so safe and well cared for. The room was well appointed, comfortable and quiet (if you are looking for the quietest spot, ask for a high floor, facing the courtyard, away from the elevators and ice machine). After reading others reviews, I was a bit concerned about getting a chair on the beach- I wasn't interested in setting an alarm to get there at 6!- but it was never a problem. If I didn't see a shady spot, Ariel was always available with an umbrella at the ready. The water is pristine, with gorgeous fish swimming right at my feet. Anything I needed was taken care of by the attentive staff. A special thanks to Alexandre and Laura at the front desk. Also to Jennifen and Hannah at Balboas- they always made me feel so special and welcome. And Brando at the door! I wish I knew the names of everyone- they truly all deserve a special mention. I ate at all 3 restaurants and the food was great. I even had an ice cream sundae for dinner one evening right on the water as the sun was setting. This was truly a perfect getaway- I can't wait to come back with my family someday soon...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank newyorkmom13
Marlow
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We are 1 week into a 2 week stay. Welcomed royally, upgraded, free wifi as we are Elite members, welcome champagne, birthday rum....need I say more. Staff great (thanks Gergana, Nico, Laura, Carlos, Leonard to name but a few). Yes it is not cheap but you get what you pay for-top quality. Location both from airport & beach adds to the attraction. Thank you again for making the perfect break

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank CHG_7
McAllen, TX
Reviewed April 17, 2013

When you have an ocean front room in this hotel, you get a beautiful sunset every evening!
Right in the middle of Seven Mile Beach, this Marriott Resort offers everything you would expect on Grand Cayman Island. Our room seemed brand new from the furniture, to the carpet, and the paint on the walls. The help was friendly and food was great in the room or on the beach. Lots of help from the staff when looking for rental cars, scuba diving info on ANYTHING. Can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: Get the ocean front, it's worth it!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family