We stayed at the Marriott on Seven Mile Beach for four nights during what is considered "spring break" for most schools in the US. The hotel seemed to be full and there were a lot of families around the pool and beach. That said, all the hotel employees that we encountered were friendly and helpful and the hotel met our needs and expectations. It's not luxurious but it's not bad either.
Check in was quick and we had no problems there. When booking, we requested a room with two beds but didn't get one because there were none available when we checked in. We knew this could happen because the website only allows one to "request" a two bed room. We stayed at this hotel once before and apparently had a junior suite, which is much bigger than a standard room. Once we realized how small the room was we called down to the front desk to request a junior suite. There were none available. Our son slept on the pull out twin bed in the sofa. He seemed comfortable but the room was small for three people. It had a mini fridge and a good sized closet but a rather small bathroom with very little storage.
The hotel's location on SMB is within walking distance to restaurants and we found it to be pretty quiet. We've stayed at other locations on SMB and found it difficult to sleep because of noise from the street and nearby bars/restaurants. The Marriott is back off the street so I think that may help with noise. As others have said, the pool is small and the beach right in front of the hotel is minimal compared to other hotels on SMB. It doesn't preclude one from enjoying the view, swimming in the ocean, or walking on the beautiful beach. The courtyard area is really lovely with outdoor furniture for relaxing in the shade and enjoying the turtles and the view.
The hotel doesn't "wow" me, but I can't think of any big negatives either. Perfectly fine for a family vacation to a beautiful destination. If you're traveling with kids, spring for a junior suite. The extra room is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach House at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort makes you feel right at home. All of the spacious 295 guest rooms at our Grand Cayman resort have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar - a perfect place to end the night in the Cayman Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands