The staff at this Marriott are very helpful and friendly. Everyone from the doorman to the waitstaff are eager to serve with a smile. Sometimes the service can be a little slow, especially at lunch on the outside patio or when waiting for drinks on the beach.
The food at the hotel is top notch (of course a little pricey, especially with the conversion rate.). We had lunch here everyday and one dinner. I enjoyed everything from the Fish Tea, coconut shrimp, and barbecue pork wrap to the all-you-can-eat lobster dinner served family style to our table of six. I especially enjoyed the pizza from the bar inside that can be carried to your room or the beach.
The beach is narrow and a little crowded, but pleasant. Staff insure you have a chair and bring umbrellas upon request. People do put their towels out early so it can be difficult to get a "front row" seat, but that didn't spoil our fun. The water is warm and generally has a sandy bottom. There can be large boulders on which you can stub a toe. The best thing about the beach is the array of fish and the quality of the snorkeling. Some fish come up to the swimming area in large schools, but it is just a short swim to the two reefs--the first being man-made and the second natural. We saw many, many species of fish. It was so nice just to throw your snorkel gear on and head out just 30 or so yards to the reef. Awesome.
The rooms, or at least ours, are okay--standard. Only a small percentage of rooms in this hotel have an ocean view. We had a view of the condos next to us, so despite having a pretty decent balcony, never used it. Those who do have a view of the ocean are right above the beach/pool/restaurant. You can get a room that opens out onto the pool (with a view of the beach) through a sliding door (there might be 5 to 10 of these). This could be nice in the evening when the pool is not busy. Overall, the rooms were adequate, comfortable and clean. The pool is very small, but looked nice. I did not use it because the beach was so convenient.
The Marriott is within walking distance or short cab ride/bus ride to quite a few restaurants and shopping areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach House at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort makes you feel right at home. All of the spacious 295 guest rooms at our Grand Cayman resort have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar - a perfect place to end the night in the Cayman Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands