Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
Sunset House(George Town)
View Hotel
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)
5,661 results
All reviewsanchor denveranda restaurantturtle lagooncrepescourtyard viewgrand caymanlobster nightreef ballsfishartificial reefgelatored sailacross the streetan umbrellaall you can eatkids clubresort fee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This trip was an annual business trip with a couple days for chilling attached. Chilling may not be an appropriate name for time spent on an island that is almost on the equator, but you know what I mean. We had previously stayed at a different hotel and this was our first time at the Marriott. Three pluses: I loved the service for umbrellas on the beach. They had a seemingly endless supply and would add one wherever you wanted one, using a little drill to make sure it was appropriately anchored. I also so appreciated the little corner at the far end of the pool area that had couches in the shade. I took my book to that very comfortable spot and it was wonderful to spend an afternoon with the breeze and my book. The third was the veranda restaurant. Great food and a fabulous setting with either sun or shade spots. The only thing that was a bit disappointing was the air conditioning. Our room was very damp and I was glad to leave the damp sheets and carpet after four nights. And, this was our second room. The mildew smell in the first one was so strong that we asked to move.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room on the upper floors would not have the dampness. Both rooms that we experienced were on the ground floor and I wondered if the dampness just seeped because of that.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Com4tableAdventure
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Expect a very crowded beach and pool area at peak times. The beach is very narrow at this point - it widens out considerably further along the beach towards the Ritz Carlton - and the hotel has chosen to fill almost every square inch with sun loungers. The result is cramped space.

The hotel itself is just about OK - certainly nothing special. Our room had a dated feel, but was adequate in terms of size and facilities. Pleasant, friendly staff throughout. Tried one of the restaurants for breakfast (Solanna). OK, but expensive. I suggest you try Cimboco, five minutes walk from the hotel. It's a lot cheaper and has better food. The poolside/beach bar was OK.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank MJMH
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The location of the hotel is nice, right on Seven Mile beach and not a far walk to Camana Bay shopping area, but that's about the only great thing about the hotel. Otherwise, it's rather unremarkable, with a dated look and very plain rooms...certainly compared to the exteriors of the Ritz and the Westin up the road.

The pool is average and the beach is basically non-existent spanning roughly 25 feet from the edge of the water to the stairs up to the hotel. As a result, if you want to sit on the beach in one of their lounge chairs, which is your only option, you need to get up before 10 AM and throw down a towel. You'll probably need to get up before 8 AM if you want to be by the pool.

They've also put in an artificial reef in the water, so there's really not much area to just walk in and wade, if you'd like to do that.

So as not to complain about everything, the staff were all very friendly and helpful, especially the concierge, who booked us a catamaran trip and dinner reservations, along with giving us some very helpful information.

Overall, this place is your average hotel. If you're try to compare it with the Westin and Ritz, which were only slightly more expensive as I recall...there's no comparison. If you like to go to a tropical island and be wowed by your hotel, stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try to avoid getting a room on the side of the building...it's like looking out at a dirty alley.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jakpot1277
Grand Cayman M, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear jakpot1277,
Thank you for sharing your review. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and your vacation was not what you had anticipated. We value your comments and pleased to inform you that the hotel will undergo a massive renovation starting in August which includes our guest rooms. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and happy that you were satisfied with their service. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to after the renovations and prove to you that we strive to deliver optimal level of service.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Go for the staff and food. From the front desk to the beach, all the staff were professional and friendly. They appear happy to be there to assist you, unlike some other islands we have visited. They offered complimentary glasses of ice water and ice cream at the beach - nice touch! I think they may have lost some beach front from a previous hurricane which doesn't leave much room to spread out the beach chairs. There is a man-made reef in front of the hotel for snorkeling. The food was a pleasant surprise. Food is extremely fresh and well prepared. We had to change rooms after 2 days as it was extremely moldy smelling. The front desk was very helpful in making the switch. The rooms were clean but could use some updating. Beds seemed a bit soft. We would return to this hotel, especially if they did some updating. It is a great location, not far from the airport and many wonderful restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank swwaddell

Dear swwaddell,
Thank you for sharing your kind and thoughtful review. I agree with you, our Associates takes pride in exceeding our guests expectations and takes personal responsible for maintaining the level of service our guests have become familiar with. I will share your comments with them as feedback such as yours encourages them to continue striving for service excellence. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food in the Restaurants. I hope you had the opportunity to try our Sushi Night. We have just updated the menu and so far receiving many positive feedbacks. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to serving you well again.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott in January 2013,we very much enjoyed our stay.The hotel staff could not have been any better,they were courteous,helpful and always pleasant.We upgraded from a courtyard room to a oceanview and it was perfect.The only downside was that the rooms could use an upgrade and we were told that an upgrade was to happen this summer.All in all it was a excellent vacation and we would definetly return for another stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joel k

Dear joel k,
Thank you for your sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel. I am grateful to have such friendly, professional and amazing team. Their passion to satisfy our guest and ensures that their stay is memorable truly epitomize Marriott’s Spirit to Serve. It is truly a pleasure hearing they continue to deliver optimal service and I will share your comments with them. We value your kind feedback and looking forward to serving you well again.