first i will start by saying it was our first visit to grand cayman and we had no experience to compare except for other carribean marriott resorts; so we were expecting Marriott standards to be on par of what we were used to; however we feel like this marriott is definetly not of par as far as appearance, amenities and room conditions...upon arrival we were warmly greeted and taken to our two rooms; oceanview; not ocean front; the rooms we had definetly had a musty/ mildew smell to them; we asked the maid to try and deep clean or freshen it up but honestly we didn't feel any difference; we simply "just lived" with it for the remainder of our stay. Our boys had a connecting room and their a/c definetly was not cooling their room; we called housekeeping who claimed it was "fixed" however it was not, and although it was liveable it really was not adequate to cool the room. Okay; so that is the disappointing notes...so on the positive: every staff member we encountered was wonderful and very friendly. We felt the beach area; although small was just fine and even with a 95% occupancy it was crowded but acceptable.
The water was terrific and the pool bar area was a nice addition.
One thing that did put us off was the beach chairs are not very clean and the actual beach/sand area did have some seaweed, liter, etc. We feel there was just simply a lack of staff to keep up with the amount of people using the beach each day.
One thing that was very annoying was the 12.95 a day charge for wifi in the rooms and lobby area; really ashame to charge for that. there were two computers for guest use in the lobby however they too had a fee attached.
Food: we did eat a couple of morning in the buffet it was fine but we ventured across the street two morning to Cimbocco and found the food, price, and quality much nicer. I won't waste time here detailing our trip outside of the marriott for various other meals; so please pm if you want more details. but i will say that everywhere we went to eat for lunch and dinners was extremely costly; but probably some of the best meals we have eaten on vacation!!
While we enjoyed the warmth, sun, and relaxation at the marriott we probably wouldn't return for the negatives stated above. the resort is advertised as a catagory 6 for marriott; honestly in all the marriotts we have stayed i would not rate it higher than a catagory 3/ maybe 4. The charm of the people would be the only way i would put it into the 4 catagory. if you have any questions feel free to ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands