Open today: 7:30 AM - 5:00 AM
Review Highlights
Personal trip to Stingray City

We contacted Ambassador to see if they were doing trips to Stingray City post covid lock-down. They... read more

Reviewed July 22, 2020
marting504
Grand Cayman
Fantastic A+ experience all around

I realize it's a strange time to be writing reviews of Caribbean dive vacations, but my daughter... read more

Reviewed March 31, 2020

from $46.16
from $57.44
from $40.00
More Info
All reviews hot shot comfort suites dive shop stingray city these guys snorkel trip small boat snorkeling spots small group boat captain great dive top notch comfortable boat feed the stingrays cayman islands diving experience red sail
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

I used them because we were staying next door. I'm glad I did. Friendly staff, good price for multiple dives, comfortable boat, knowledgeable dive masters. Will definitely dive with them again.

Date of experience: January 2020
2  Thank williamp159
Reviewed January 1, 2020

My husband, John, and I returned yet again to Ambassador Divers this year. It's our 8th year diving with these fabulous people and it just never gets old. Everyone we came in contact with, Jason and Rich, the owners, Karen, the office manager, and the phenomenal dive masters, Jon, Teighan, Karl, Carlo, and Andreas, were conscientious, knowledgeable and just all-around superstars!! They are fun to dive with and are so easy to spend time with. Between us this year we did 44 dives (in 8 days) and went to Stingray City with Hot Shot. The dive sites are gorgeous, the wreck dives are so interesting! Even if you dive the same site twice, it's never the same. Thank you, Ambassador Divers, for another great time!!

1  Thank HappyGuest15
Reviewed December 29, 2019

We booked this through our hotel at Palm Heights. Apparently only our hotel and Comfort Suites book though them but they will pick you up from any hotel on 7 mile beach. Don't even bother reading the other reviews. We almost booked it through RED SAIL sports for $90 and so happy we didn't book on a boat with 40 other people. It was only us and a lovely young couple and was only $53. It was the day after Christmas and it felt like a private tour. We met in the hotel lobby at 7am. Teighan showed up to pick the 4 of us up. She was lovely and informative. She also explained to my nervous husband that these stingrays were NOT the same kind that accidentally killed The Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin. That eased his mind. We arrived at the quit Marina and then mitered out out to the waist deep area called Stingray City. There was only 1 other boat there when we arrived. Soon many other boats showed up. Hotshot was mad at how the huge Red Sail Company boat is so rude how they come in anchor right in the middle and make it extremely difficult for others to also anchor. Hotshot makes it so personal and everything is on your terms. He gave us squid to feed the stingrays who swarmed us and were like a kitty cat wanting attention and wanted to be pet. He explained that were domesticated animals and so gentle. We agreed. You can use a mask and snorkel or not. I bought one of those air tight bags to cover my iPhone so I could take underwater pictures. Hotshot then took us to 2 snorkel areas after stingray city and we could stay as long as we wanted. He even gave us food to feed the fish while snorkeling. That was super fun to watch them. Again, everything was on our terms and felt like a private tour on a smaller boat. It was so perfect and I can't wait to bring our kids there and maybe do some diving with them next time.

Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

Ambassador Divers - Adjacent to the Comfort Suites on 7 Mile Beach. We have dived with Ambassador before and this was why we choose to dive with them again having had great service previously. There has been a change of ownership and some new faces but we didnt need do worry as service was still excellent. We did 6 afternoon dives over three days. All diving is guided and we really like this. No navigation worries. Just enjoy. The highlight dive being Bullwinkle on the southern shore when they moved the boat away from its usual West coast mooring due to predicted north west winds. The crew were great. Trixy and Carl were our dive guides and were excellent. They swam slowly pointing out lots of stuff both big and small. As older divers keen to take photos, the slow approach is best. The operation doesn't work without the boat captain and the office crew as well. The boat is a traditional big and wide flat bottom dive boat so no stability issues and access was easy. A good dry camera deck and loads of room to move around. You could dive here every day and do a different dive site. Can't wait to return and would recommend Ambassador without question.

Reviewed December 27, 2019

I went scuba diving for the first time in about 10 years and they took very good care of me. The diving at Bullwinkle was beautiful and Teighan made me feel safe and secure but able to explore. She was delightful.

Karen was incredible and super friendly. She's like a walking, talking Red Bull, only maybe a little more energetic and Belgian.

You can tell that they all love what they do and give really excellent, personalized attention on land and sea.

Teighan did a pool scuba session with my 15 y.o. son and led him easily through the whole process. She was perfect.

We loved the pool Discover Scuba session and the open water dives so much that we opted to go on the 3-stop Stingray City tour. We were not disappointed.

Captain Hotshot is a larger than life character who must be met to be believed. His son John was on board and was an immensely helpful young man. They both gave our family a wonderful experience with the rays and a couple of stops for snorkeling. Hotshot's love for the nature and resources that his livelihood depend on is readily apparent, and he's a funny and interesting guy to talk to. He ended up coming to our condo for drinks and our kids got to hear his whole life story. It was incredible. He was incredible.

Ambassador Divers... Thank you for everything. The Johnson family truly appreciated it.

1  Thank DVMDV8