“Best Breakfast Buffet: Food Selection, Quality, & Service”
Review of Seven

Seven
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I like to have at least one nice breakfast buffet while on vacation. We were staying at the Caribbean Club, and they do not offer breakfast at their restaurant/hotel. My parents watched our toddler, and my husband and I walked over the to the Ritz on a weekday to eat the buffet. Our son can be rather loud and messy (16 month old boy), so we left him at the hotel with the grandparents. Otherwise, the restaurant is an appropriate place for children, and there were several well-behaved children in the restaurant that day.

Previously my vacation favorite - food-wise and atmosphere-wise - was Four Seasons Maui, but this breakfast buffet surpassed the food at FS Maui. Typical high-end choices: Eggs benedict (one of my faves), plain scrambled eggs, to-order omelets, french toast, waffles - with choices of maple syrup, chocolate sauce or fruit compote! - variety of fruit, variety of breads/pastries, juices. Also migas, a yummy vegetable quiche (delicious!), chocolate croissants (another fave of mine), salmon & lox, & choices for children such as cereal and milks. It was the great variety, quality, and extras that made this buffet the best I have visited. Yes, it is not inexpensive, but it is standard pricing for high-end breakfast buffets. ($40-50 for a weekday buffet/person)

It rained while we were there, so we sat indoors. It was not a busy day that day. The large outdoor patio looks nice and has an ocean view. The hotel itself is huge, so I imagine during busy times the restaurant may be bustling. Very nice atmosphere and the service was quick and professional. We were offered coffee and drinks quickly after seating, and our waiter checked on us often. Since it was raining when we were leaving, the hotel actually had their driver drive us to our hotel (we tipped the driver). Great service!

1  Thank halcyonrx79

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I have lived in Oklahoma and Texas all our lives. The steaks there are amazing as they get some of the best cuts around. Thus, going to some of the very best steakhouses in the United States may make me more discerning than some, but this restaurant was terrible. My NY Strip was very fatty and my wife's Sol had bones in it. They sat us at a cocktail table and we had little to no room. Service was not bad, but this is a fancy restaurant with high prices (expect to pay $200 plus) and no substance. Would highly recommend going somewhere else...Copper Falls is more local and not very fancy but the food is much better...

1  Thank hornedfrog98
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Nice wine list (its steep, but this is the Ritz in the middle of an ocean). The steaks were really really good. I am kind of a purist, but I really liked the "signature seven" rub they added. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great choices of food, checf prepare omlettes and sunny side up as per your choice of ingredients. Yes you have to wait but is worth it, lots of Buffet tables with plenty of choices like coffee, tea, fresh fruit juices, milk, cereal, fresh fruits, waffles, baked potatoes with skin, french toast, muffins, bagels, croissants, bread and many more! But breakfast Buffet for two cost us $80! be ready to spend the amount or go out to EATS CAFE where they serve nice breakfast for good price.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Staying at the Ritz is made even better when a great place like Seven come with it. This place is the breakfast and lunch spot during the day and converts to a great steak house at night. Breakfast is fantastic and there are plenty of options. Dinner was beyond great. Steaks that melt in your mouth and creative sides from truffle Mac and cheese to a very spicy Chipotle cream corn dish that is likely under rated. This was our anniversary dinner and they offered us a glass of champaign and a great desert that were gratis for the occasion. Staff all day is perfect. I recommend eating here whether you are a hotel guest or just visiting the island. Now, the place is expensive but what do you expect on an island and five star resort. Don't complain, indulge and live....just a little. It is worth it.

2  Thank Lorenzo95023