Seven
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My sister, mother and I enjoyed the most fabulous meal here on our last night in Grand Cayman. The staff was lovely, articulate, and amazing. The food and wine were top notch, and the views, breathtaking! The truffled mac and cheese, succulent blue cheese topped filet, and expansive wine list were just some of the highlights. This dining experience is a must , if you want a special dinner. We will return!

1  Thank n0rthsh0regal

Reviewed January 19, 2012

3.5 Stars
Been here several times and are pleased with the overall gracious and accommodating service.

Breakfast is fantastic and offers a great selection of fruits, omelets, and pretty much anything you would expect from a breakfast buffet or alla carte.

The dinner, on the other hand, is rather limited. The steak and swordfish were average. The conch lobster chowder and the red snapper were delicious. Our server Edwin was engaging and truly enhanced the dining experience. He even hand crafted a beautiful chocolate flower plate and presented it with our dessert. :-)

Our only complaint is that the restaurant hasn't been updated in years.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

We went to 7 Prime Cuts for Christmas dinner and were not disappointed. The steaks were simply outstanding and the sevice was even better. It's a bit pricey but welll worth the final bill.

1  Thank d z
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were looking for a special occasion place to celebrate a great week in Grand Cayman and 7 Prime exceeded our expectations. We were greeted by name when we arrived and shown to an intimate table outside under the palm trees. The service was wonderful from start to finish. We enjoyed the wine recommended by the sommelier and were delighted to learn that on Fridays bottles of wine were half off! The menu selections were exquisitely prepared, the sauces perfect complements. We plan to return on our next trip to the island!

Reviewed September 2, 2011

We dined at 7 Prime Cuts & Sunsets at the Ritz twice during a 13 day trip to Grand Cayman. During both visits, my party consisted of my husband, 7YO son, 63 YO MIL and me. My son is not a hot dog/chicken fingers kind of kid, and generally does not order off a children's menu. The restaurant does welcome children and families, and there is a children's menu, with quite a few offerings on it, as I glanced at it when I handed it back to the hostess as she seated my son.

Our first visit to 7 Prime was on a Sunday night. What luck!! They have a "sublime" menu offering which rotates the cut of beef, and offers a soup or salad, one side dish of your choice and a steak sauce for one price. It's a great option, and if you go, and the cut of meat offered that night appeals to you, this is truly the way to go. On this visit, it was prime rib night! Prime rib is only offered on Sundays at 7 Prime, and it is without question worth the trip. All 4 of us went this route.

MIL and I started our meals with the french onion soup. It was rich and flavorful with a perfectly cheesy top. My husband had the shrimp tempura for his appetizer, and he said it was excellent - not at all greasy, crispy on the outside, firm fresh sweet shrimp and a very delicious sauce. My son had the calamari as his appetizer and he enjoyed it very much, it was accompanied by a scotch bonnet tartar sauce, which was really quite good and not nearly as ominous as it sounds.

We all had the prime rib, and everyone was so glad that they did! It was excellent, truly superb! A generous portion, cooked perfectly as ordered and accompanied by a crisp but tender, slightly flaky Yorkshire pudding and a ramekin of au jus. In addition to the au jus, we all ordered the horseradish cream sauce, and for me, that was sheer perfection with my prime rib.

For my side, I ordered the creamed spinach and it was wonderful - fresh sauteed spinach in a creamy sauce with a hint of nutmeg and cheese - excellent! My son had the truffled mac and cheese, and this was truly outstanding. This is not even in the same realm as that garbage in a box. It was creamy, rich and decadent and you could clearly taste the sharp cheddar and the hint of truffles was perfection without being overpowering. I don't think that I'll never look at mac and cheese the same way again.

MIL had the potato gratin Dauphinois. Oh.My.God. These were some special potatoes! They were thinly sliced, slightly crisp on the edges and the sauce was purely sublime - cream, blue cheese and butter. I'm getting a little misty thinking about them... My husband had sauteed asparagus and they were wonderful as well.

I don't know how, but 3 of us managed to make it to dessert. My son had the frozen peanut butter pie and it was so good! It's not peanut butter ice cream, it's more like a frozen peanut butter mousse with crispy peanuts and a dark chocolate sauce. MIL had the rum cake, and it was out of this world good. I've always been happy to get my little box of Tortuga rum cake, that was perfectly fine with me, but this just completely blew that away, and sadly I don't think it will ever be the same for me. I had the white chocolate berry cheesecake, and it was delicious.

We enjoyed our meal so much, we returned a few days later and enjoyed the sublime menu option again - this time with the rib eye (outstanding!!) and different sides, well except for MIL and those potatoes. Really, those potatoes are crazy good!

The service is just as good as the food here. Very knowledgeable about the menu offerings and food in general, professionally trained, highly attentive, four star waitstaff - exactly what you would expect at a Ritz property. On our first visit, the waiter noticed my son's slight hesitation at the description of the spicy sauce to accompany his calamari. My son did order it without any special requests, but when it came out, the waiter had thoughtfully included a ramekin of marinara sauce for him, "just in case." Make no mistake, this is a very high end, refined dining experience and as such, you will pay for it, but you will not be disappointed. Both meals were excellent, but the Sunday night meal (prime rib) was the standout for me and is now included amongst one of my top 10 favorite dining experiences. We all felt that this was a special experience.

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed 7 Prime Cuts, we would happily return and we all would highly recommend it. Excellent!!

2  Thank Mama2Tonys