“Excellent lunch and service”
Review of Luca Restaurant

Luca Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: LUCA Restaurant presents an impressive contemporary Italian menu in a sleek upscale interior and canopied patio with breathtaking views of the infinity pool to Seven Mile Beach and the Caribbean Sea beyond.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

LUCA is hidden behind the lobby of the Caribbean Club. We had a tasty lunch. The tomato Mozzarella salad was first rate with REAL buffala mozzarella and tasty pesto. Nice bread selection. Husband liked his burger. The wine list was very good. When one bottle wasn't enough...Soltan, our server was great at finding something we would like. Can't wait to return for dinner.

There are newer reviews for Luca Restaurant

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Really enjoyed this restaurant. Excellent food and service. Nice atmosphere. Definitely on the pricier side even for Grand Cayman, but overall a very enjoyable experience. Would recommend it.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

What a great lunch we had at LUCA - the food was totally awesome - they have new LARGE salad entrees which are DEEELISH!!! - I had some Asian shrimp large salad and some antipasto and my friends had an amazing real crab on advocate appetizer - can't wait to go back and have this, and a large snapper filet with hand cut potatoes and other yumminess. The prosecco was great and the little after lunch little chocolate monty things were fantastic - OH and they have the MOST AMAZING SELECTION OF teas :) - Go - you will not regret it!!!!!!!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We like Luka a lot, and have fond memories of previous celebrations. We went last night to celebrate my wife's 62nd birthday. Our previous waiter, Paolo, has unfortunately been elevated to head waiter. He is truly extraordinary, but we missed his special flair at dinner. I had the yellow fin tuna which was terrific! and my wife had the sea bass which was perfectly prepared as well. The waiter was diligent. The setting on the patio could not be beat. But remarkably, my wife's sautéed spinach with roasted potatoes was nearly cold. Very odd, but a real disappointment. So for this visit, a Four.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The food was amazing. We had lobster ravioli and the gnocchi. The view and atmosphere is very modern, clean and beautiful. The server was from Hungary, I believe with a very strong accent that was hard to understand. (I didn't get his name, just noting that he is from Hungary so management perhaps know which server I'm talking about.) By the time we ordered dessert, our server turned all his attention to the table behind us with 4 people. We could not get his attention at all. Apparently more $$$ with the other table with larger wine order than ours. It's was clear that he didn't have the time of day for us. We waited and tried to flag him down for 30 minutes to get our check. Finally we asked a food runner for our waiter to bring the check. Then a different waiter brought us our check. Tragic that even for a table of 2, gratuity was already included because the way he treated us would have earned him NO tip. I am sure that if we had a different server, we would have enjoyed the whole night. Perhaps the bad service was limited to this server. I don't want to discount Luca because of him. Again, food was out of this world. Also, some people brought children that were not well behaved (or parents didn't care - let the small children run though the place, through tables. This is NOT the place to let your kids run free)