“Excellent Restaurant”
Review of Sunshine Grill

Sunshine Grill
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Enjoy world-class casual dining with true Caribbean flair for breakfast, lunch, dinner or drinks. Our colorful poolside restaurant with award winning food at an affordable price has made the Sunshine Grill a favorite for local residents and international visitors alike. Everyday favorites include the BEST angus burgers, award winning fish tacos and island specialty drinks.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My husband and I loved this restaurant so much we went for dinner twice on our recent trip to Grand Cayman. It is perfect for a casual meal. The burgers are AMAZING and the service is great. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Melissa J
Write a ReviewReviews (4,827)

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I usually use Yelp for restaurant advice, but Grand Cayman is not currently part of their system, so I relied on Trip Advisor. The food, service, and atmosphere were phenomenal. I enjoyed a Caesar salad with grilled chicken; it was the best Caesar I have had in some time. I also devoured the Scramble, which is an absolute must. It consists of a hodge lodge of French fries, sweet potato fries, along with zucchini, mushrooms, and onions that are lightly breaded with the most amazing batter and then deep fried. Believe it or not, the Scramble is not the slightest bit greasy. My friend had a burger with Bleu cheese and declared it the best she has ever had; many days later, she is still talking about it. Service was perfect and the atmosphere is casual and comfortable. To get to the restaurant from Seven Mile Beach, cut through the Westin and then cross the street to Sunshine Suites (yellow buildings). Walk straight back along the road toward the office and you will find the grill on your left, next to the pool. Enjoy!

1  Thank CrimeDoctor
Reviewed August 20, 2014

The Sunshine Grill was located across the street from the Westin where we stayed and we found it to be a lot of fun, great food and a fair price. The cost of eating in The Westin was outrageous for the quality provided so we were glad to have the Sunshine Grill so close.

1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My wife is sold on Tripadvisor reviews, so we went to the sunshine grill for dinner. Such a disappointment. We waited by the bar and had a drink which was OK. After about 15 minutes, we were sat next to the wait table by the bar. Sunshine grill is a crazily busy place with very little room for the waiter and waitresses to maneuver between the tables. After a very long wait dinner was served. My son and I ordered Tres Tacos (chicken, fish, and shrimp) and my wife ordered two shrimp tacos. I also ordered a side order of Cuban black beans, which I have always very much liked. I started with the fish taco which was full of some sauce (similar to cold claw sauce) and did not like it. My son started with the chicken taco. Neither one of us liked it. It did not improve with the other tacos either. Both of us left half of the tacos on the plate. My wife ate hers. I could not believe someone could mess up Cuban Black beans, but the Sunshine grill cooks (no chefs, I beg your pardon), did. I ate only one spoon and stopped. I have never have eaten one spoon full of any kind of beans, as I like beans of all kinds. Overall, the food was mediocre and for what we got way overprices. I have no problem paying more than two hundred dollars for dinner as we have done the past four nights on Grand Cayman, but more than hundred dollars for this food was way over priced. In conclusion, the busy cramped place with this kind of food is not where we would like to eat or recommend to others. Sorry folks who like a free small ice cream cone served with the dirty hands of the waiter and waitresses at this place and go on rating it so high. Next time, look where all the hand goes before serving you that little free hazelnut ice cream cone!

6  Thank PaulAbe2012
Reviewed August 20, 2014

not much to say, the items that pop to mind are the burgers and fish tacos were slamming, everything is pretty solid and fair priced. Very nice little gem.

1  Thank iiNaceRii