“Things may be slipping a bit...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunshine Grill

Sunshine Grill
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy world-class casual dining with true Caribbean flair for breakfast, lunch, dinner or drinks. Our colorful poolside restaurant with award winning food at an affordable price has made the Sunshine Grill a favorite for local residents and international visitors alike. Everyday favorites include the BEST angus burgers, award winning fish tacos and island specialty drinks.
Chicago, Illinois
“Things may be slipping a bit...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

We have eaten here for many years and have endured the looong waits for the last few years. This time, on two occasions, it seemed like the quality of the food has been slipping. Burgers were not prepared to our requested temps and were greasy. The chicken tenders (which used to be an island favorite - battered) are now closer to store bought. I did here similar comments from others at our hotel.

Bottom line, food is costly on Grand Cayman, and you are not going to avoid that, but if I am going to wait over an hour for burger, it better be very, very good. I hope it was just the busy holiday season, and I'll be back in a few months and try again.

Visited January 2014

• Finnish first
Louisville, Colorado
“Great causal food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Tried the Sunshine Grill due to the rating on TripAdvisor. Really good fish tacos and Cuban tacos. Everyone in our group enjoyed the meal.

Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Burgers and Tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

A friend of mine recommended this place and I'm glad he did. We were in Cayman for a week and had dinner here once. Kept wanting to go back but ended up trying a few other places instead. This is the restaurant I remember best from the trip though we did eat at a few trendier places.

I had the 3 taco dinner which included one each of the shrimp, fish and chicken. Each was great in it's own way. I think there was some bacon mixed in with the shrimp tacos that added a nice flavor to them. Make sure to use the wonderful sauces that are served with the tacos. They really take the meal over the top.

My kids each had burgers and they were fantastic too. I doubt you could go wrong in this place. Their menu is not extensive but what they serve is outstanding. Wish we had room for desert but we were stuffed after the large portions of the main meal. They served complimentary some wonderful homemade soft serve ice cream in tiny cones which really was a nice touch. Will definitely return here next time we visit Cayman.

Midlothian, Virginia
“Tasty but popular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great food and very nice staff but popular enough that you can expect to wait for a table if you don't go early.

Visited January 2014
Ringgold, Georgia
“Very Nice Place with Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We tried the Sunshine Grill last week after seeing the high ratings on Trip Advisor. I must say that the reviews are very accurate. The restaurant is located just off the main road about three miles or so from the port. While it is not on the beach, it is located in a complex called Sunshine Suites, a very neat and brightly yellow painted vacation accommodations. The restaurant is screened on three sides and adjacent to the pool. It is a small place, but they may serve outside by the pool when the weather permits. It was rainy when we were there for lunch. There was a wait of about 20 minutes.

I ordered the "World Famous" fish tacos. They were amazing! The fish was grilled Mahi with just the right amount of tasty spice and seasoning. I ordered three tacos, and they came with a cup of sweet cole slaw.

My wife ordered the "combo" that included one fish taco and one slider (a mini burger made with beef and pork). It came with regular and sweet potato fries. Again, amazing.

At the end of the meal we each were served a mini cone of soft serve white chocolate almond ice cream. A very delicious way to end the meal.

I very highly recommend this restaurant. It is convenient, reasonably priced, and the service was equally as good. It definitely has the good food and tropical feel you want in a vacation destination like Grand Cayman.

1 Thank travelinbandman