New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Sunshine Grill

Sunshine Grill
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy world-class casual dining with true Caribbean flair for breakfast, lunch, dinner or drinks. Our colorful poolside restaurant with award winning food at an affordable price has made the Sunshine Grill a favorite for local residents and international visitors alike. Everyday favorites include the BEST angus burgers, award winning fish tacos and island specialty drinks.
Raleigh
“Go for lunch...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Atmosphere was beachy (by the pool) and music was festive. Tacos were good but maybe I'm too much of a plain eater...I wasn't as crazy about them as everyone on here made them seem. Wouldn't be on my short list when I return to Grand Cayman.

Visited June 2013

• Finnish first
Dallas, Texas
“Sunshine Grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Good food, very casual atmosphere. Not on the beach and somewhat hard to find as it is by a pool of a hotel. But totally known for the food. Try the fish tacos as they were awesome.

Visited May 2013
Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mojitos and Fish Tacos to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

If you're going to the Sunshine Grill and you are of age, don't think twice, get a mojito. I'm going to be pining for those mojitos until I can get back to Grand Cayman. A mojito accompanied with the fish tacos and you're set. I can't wait to go back there!!

• Visited May 2013
New York
“Fish tacos! Fish tacos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've eaten at many restaurtants in the Cayman Islands and no-frills Sunshine Grill has better food than the more expensive ones.

The fish tacos, all varieties, are the best I've ever had. People love the burger but the quality of beef you get in the Caribbean is probably not the same as what we're spoiled with in the U.S.

Visited November 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Wow! Wow! Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went to this place based on Trip Advisor recommendations and absolutely LOVED IT! It was full, and we had about a 30-minute wait - but hey, we're sitting poolside in Grand Cayman with no where else to be. We ordered the Perfect Margarita to enjoy while we waited and it was just that - ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. Seriously, this was the best margarita I have ever tasted - bar none. Smooth, sweet (but not too), fresh lime juice, wonderful citrus overtones... perfection. We started with the Fish Fritters, just to try something different. Delicious. My husband ordered the Tres Tacos - he loved how fresh and flavorful each taco was, and that they came with special sauce/salsas to complement the flavors of each, but his favorite was the Cuban Chicken Taco. I ordered the Grilled Wahoo Medallions. Oh. My. Gosh. This was seriously one of the best meals I've ever had. The wahoo was tender and perfectly cooked and finished with a delicate citrus/mushroom sauce, and the pairing of this with the tangy fried tomatoes was sublime! Even my husband, a tomato hater, loved the sweet/tangy flavor combination! As if that wasn't enough, there was a generous serving of Cuban-style black beans and rice, golden grilled garlic bread, Caesar salad, and sweet herbed (mint?), buttered carrots. So much food - and all excellent! We took half of our entrees back to our hotel, where our daughters immediately devoured them! We returned two nights later - daughter #1 ordered the Wahoo, husband did a repeat of the Tres Tacos, I ordered the Havana Chicken *SIGH*. I can't wait to return to Grand Cayman, but not just because of the diving, but because: I MUST HAVE THOSE GRILLED WAHOO MEDALLIONS AGAIN!

• Visited June 2013