“You want a burger? Eat here!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunshine Grill

Sunshine Grill
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy world-class casual dining with true Caribbean flair for breakfast, lunch, dinner or drinks. Our colorful poolside restaurant with award winning food at an affordable price has made the Sunshine Grill a favorite for local residents and international visitors alike. Everyday favorites include the BEST angus burgers, award winning fish tacos and island specialty drinks.
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“You want a burger? Eat here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The food is plentiful, the beer is cold and the service is very friendly. No, it's not a high-end restaurant, just really good food and won't leave your wallet empty.

Visited February 2013

• Finnish first
Farivew, Texas
“So satisfied!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am a very health conscious eater and was so pleased with the quality of the food I received at the Sunshine Grill. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. What a bonus that the restaurant is on the grounds of the hotel! I learned to eat at about 3:30 in the afternoon to avoid the rush!

Visited January 2013
Oakville, Canada
“Very good food - BEWARE a potentially very long wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Everything you read in the reviews of this spot are on the money. The food is excellent. The restaurant boasts a mission to make the best of every type of food they serve. They have won 2 annual awards for their fish tacos and the burgers are some of the biggest I have ever seen.

The service is very pleasant, especially the Canadian servers!

Where you may find an issue is with a long wait. This is a very small restaurant in the sunshine suites resort. My count might be 15 tables inside (seating 2 or 4) and a few outside by the pool. Since this is the #1 spot on TripAdvisor with a location right next to the mega Ritz Carleton hotel, you are going to get many people coming here.

We arrived at 12:30 and we were quoted a 30-45 minute wait. Our wait was over an hour. Once we were seated we waited almost 30 minutes for our food. This was a combination of having a table of 10 being served just before us and the fact that the food is prepared fresh with very high quality, which takes time. Despite waiting a very long time, the food was very good and service pleasant.

As this is the restaurant for this particular resort, you may see guests of the hotel staying a very long time at their tables well after their meals are done. This was a surprise to me, but it is possible that they feel it is their right to take all the time they like. If I was a guest at the resort, it would be annoying to me to have a flood of "outsiders" descending on the small pool area in large numbers all hanging around most of the mid afternoon waiting for tables. It can't be relaxing to be lounging by the pool with a person shouting out - "Cartwright, Party of 4" - every so often... I haven't seen reviews of this resort, but it would certainly be an issue for me.

If you time it right, you will have a great experience, if not, it's best to walk away and try another day. Whatever you choose, you will really like the food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oakville, Ontario
“Best hamburger ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel and ate lunch and dinner here a few times. The fish tacos were great. At another meal I had the burger with arugula, blue cheese and bacon. It was the best burger I've ever had. The mixed fried hash accompanying was also great-lightly fried onions, jalapeños, mushrooms, and fries, all delicious. The food and drinks were all reasonably priced. I highly recommend eating here.

Jupiter, Florida
“Try The Fish Tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

During my first trip to Grand Cayman all the Dive Masters kept telling us we had to have the fish tacos at the Sunshine Grill. They talked about them as if they were the most amazing food on earth. When we went back for our second visit we finally gave into the peer pressure and went to Sunshine Grill. We almost didn't find it because it is so hidden in the little resort behind the shopping plaza but finally we found it and what a little hidden gem. There were so many delicious options on the menu and although I'm not a big fan of fish I figured I better get those Fish Tacos or I would never hear the end of it. I'm here to tell you that they are as amazing as everyone said they were...and a little addictive too. You won't be sorry your ordered them. The burgers are also very good...well...everything we have tried has been good. Our favorite part is when dinner is over and they bring out little mini ice cream cones for free. They have different flavors every time and they are all equally delicious. Kudos to Nathan, who was our awesome waiter at the Sunshine Grill during this last visit. He was very attentive :-)

• Visited July 2012