“Great food and staff, pleasant setting, fair value”
Review of Sunshine Grill

Sunshine Grill
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Enjoy world-class casual dining with true Caribbean flair for breakfast, lunch, dinner or drinks. Our colorful poolside restaurant with award winning food at an affordable price has made the Sunshine Grill a favorite for local residents and international visitors alike. Everyday favorites include the BEST angus burgers, award winning fish tacos and island specialty drinks.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We (four adults, two older and two younger) had lunch here in early January and it was very busy. We waited by the pool at a table for 20-30 minutes (as predicted by the staff) and it was not a problem. The menu at lunch (and my guess it is the same at dinner) was lengthy and creative, featuring soft shell tacos and burgers and salads. Aside from the scope of offerings, one of the things that I really liked is that diners were given numerous options to try both tacos and burgers, for instance, and/or to switch out side dishes for other options (albeit sometimes with a small charge). I can never understand why most restaurants are so rigid about "no substitutions" (I am willing to pay a reasonable up-charge) rather than allowing the customer to have what they want. Accordingly, I give the SG credit for doing this. More importantly, the quality of the food was excellent, the portions generous, the staff friendly and efficient, and the setting (either around a small pool or in a screened dining room) was creative. (To my taste the dining room was a much nicer atmosphere than the pool, where guest of the large hotel complex where the grill is located are hanging out and swimming.) Note that the SG is a little off the beaten path and difficult to find, i.e., it is down the main street running along SMB, across the street from the beach, in the middle of a large hotel complex. While it is not on, or really near the beach, it is a much more pleasant environment than you might guess given those directions.

1  Thank Richard P
Write a ReviewReviews (5,045)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Having read the other reviews, we had to give it a try. Did not have high hopes, as the grill is tucked back in the middle of the Sunshine Suites, by the pool. Fish tacos were the best we've ever had, period. Fish was fresh, and the sauce was amazing. Glad we found his little gem.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I loved this place. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and happy hour. Very fun servers and bartenders. Fantastic food - I mean fantastic!

It's small and cozy and in the afternoon after swimming, it was the perfect place to have a cocktail and just enjoy the quiet!

I recommend the fish taco's, nachos, burgers, breakfasts and, of course, the Sunshine Painkiller. YUM!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Yum!!! What more do I have to say?? All the other reviews are correct. Great food and great prices! I loved the double decker quesadilla and my boyfriend loved the fish tacos. We went back a second time for lunch.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We read reviews and decided to check it out after a morning of deep sea fishing. We. Came with our appetites and just beat the onslaught of the lunch crowd. We tried the calamari and shrimp appetizer and wahoo mushroom app. Both were good. For lunch we all share the fish tacos and kitchen sink burger. Both were delicious we had alot of food to take home. The locals and reviews are right check this place put. Almost forgot a nice touch at the end of the meal was a mini mini ice cream cone with a bit of vanilla ice cream. Very refreshing.