“Great service by good people all at a reasonable price”
Review of Stinger's

Stinger's
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Newly changed management has updated and improved the ambiance and menus of Stingers Restaurant. Located at the Comfort Suites Hotel on Seven Mile Beach, Stingers offers great food in an inviting, al Fresco, atmosphere. Enjoy lunch, dinner or drinks poolside or inside the bar area. The reasonably priced menu offers something for everyone.
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I sampled a number of drinks and appetizers at Stingers during my stay this week and thought they did a nice job at a reasonable price. It's not the place to go if you're in for a four star dinning experience, but for a quick bite and beer on the way to the beach you can't beat them in the area. They make a killer Margarita and their Hummer drinks aren't bad either. The ambiance at the pool can't match the scenery along the ocean, but the nice mural of Stingray City and interesting people who stop by keep things fun. Dee is a great waitress and very interesting person to talk to. She definitely made my stay at the Comfort Suites more memorable and enjoyable. Mark

Reviewed January 16, 2011

Stopped at Stinger's for lunch. We asked for our burgers "well done" since we've found some restaurants outside Canada seem to have never heard of E. coli. Waitress or kitchen staff obviously lost our order because we waited over 45 minutes. Not sure waitress was trying to be funny or not when she said "oh, it takes longer to cook them well done" Yeah, but 20 minutes longer?!? On top of not telling us the truth about losing our order, she then charged us for refills on our small anemic diet cokes. Although burgers were at least properly cooked the fries were undercooked (cold inside).

Their motto is "Stinger's ... get stung". Believe me, we feel like we were stung alright!!! This is the type of service where it really annoys me that they automatically add 15% gratuity to your bill. Will not be eating here again.

Patrick O, Owner at Stinger's, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear ACBC,
I realize your review is a bit old but I thought I would respond anyway. Stingers has been under new management for several months and we've changed some things. If you are ever back in Cayman I hope you come give our new and improved product another try.
Thanks,
Patrick O'Brien
Stingers Restaurant

Reviewed May 3, 2010

You have to eat here!!!!! Great, yummy food for a good price! The waitresses are the nicest on the island!

Reviewed April 27, 2010

I just recently spent a week at Comfort Suites. Stingers Bar was a great little bar. The staff was very friendly and never let your drink run dry. Karl was very friendly but I found his habit of sticking flaming sparklers in every one of my mudslides a little annoying. One of the bartenders Dee always had great music playing. We really liked Ali, another bartender but her taste in music is a little lacking to say the least. All in all I cant wait until next year when I return. I hope that Dee is still there as she made my experience totally enjoyable!

Reviewed April 19, 2010

My husband and I just spent a week down in Grand Cayman to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed at Comfort Suites, and Stingers is the bar that is located at the pool at Comfort Suites.

This is my favorite bar on the island! The staff are all very friendly and helpful and fun! The prices for drinks and food are very reasonable and much lower than other bars we visited. The prices are similar to what the same item would cost at home in the US.

They have awesome food! I highly recommend the nachos! They make their own tortilla chips and salsa and it is very yummy!

Alle and Dee were the staff that we saw and interacted with the most. They were wonderful and remembered what we liked to drink and never let our glasses get empty before they had another one waiting for us! This place is awesome and I look forward to going back soon!

1  Thank Robin_Porter