“Indulgent but worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Silver Palm

Silver Palm
Reserve with OpenTable
Silver Palm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Indulgent but worth it”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I traveled with my British friend to Cayman for a week and we opted for High Tea on her birthday. It was the most indulgent thing we did on our trip but it was well worth it. We started with champagne and then selected our tea, I had a wonderful vanilla flavor from South Africa. The selection of scones, sandwiches and cakes was superb. Since he heard it was her birthday, they also brought her a small tray of truffles with a personal Happy Birthday written in chocolate on a piece of white chocolate. Service was five star as you would expect at the Ritz and we really enjoyed ourselves. It was a wonderful experience.

Visited July 2014

Kentucky
“Nice afternoon with delicious tea”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Wanted to spend a different kind of afternoon with my daughter and her friend. Went to tea at Ritz. Beautiful room. Great atmosphere. All sandwiches were prepared beautifully and delicious. Lovely tea pots. Good service. But, I disagree with the positive,comments here on the price. Ci $32 is US 40, and with a glass Of champagne and tip put on the bill, 2 hours of tea for 3 was a total of US $195. That is pricey for tea for 3 and that gives this review 4 instead of 5.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank caymansilvas
St Davids, Bermuda
“Wonderful food and sometimes service”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We loved this restaurant so ate there twice in the 4 nights we were there. First time had a super waitress who made sure we got the wasabi show. Next time, had a man who didn't give us the show, couldn't locate our champagne, finally found it not chilled, got the order wrong but hey, food is worth it!

Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Afternoon Tea - Best Above Water experience in the Caymans!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Thank You TripAdvisor... I am so glad I read about afternoon tea at the Silver Palm in the Ritz, because it was honestly one of the highlights of my 2 week diving & foodie trip to the Caymans.
I didn't stay at the Ritz but made reservations for Afternoon Tea through their website.

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit... Silvana was awesome (amazing service is unforgettable... I'm not always great with names, this was for a July visit and i'm writing this in Oct, I still remember!). When I arrived, the table was ready for me, and they put me in the center facing away from the lobby which was cozy and quiet, a whole sitting area just for me - off to a good start. I picked The Sir Francis Drake menu since I don't drink alcohol.

The food was soooo good... I esp liked the lychee tarts and the scones with devonshire cream and the earl gray tea. I also mentioned I was celebrating my birthday that week, so they gave me an additional platter of sweets after I finished my scones, sandwiches & pastries (how did I eat ALL of that???) It may sound expensive, but you'll be soooo full and happy after and you'll realize it was worth every penny and you'll want to do it again!

TIP: Only available 2 to 4 PM Thursday through Sunday - do it early in the week in case you're like me and you want to do it again!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank SunSandSea_and_Me
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Loved their breakfasts and afternoon tea”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Please note: I did not stay at this hotel as a guest, however, I had breakfast (a la carte and buffet) at '7' three mornings, and an afternoon tea at Silver Palm all during my week in Grand Cayman. Even as a 'non-guest' of the hotel, my partner and I were treated like gold at this restaurant. The host and servers really go the extra mile in everything that they do to help you in any way. The first morning we dined there, we took part in their extensive buffet. I had read previous reviews on Trip Advisor saying that the food was luke-warm, so I was a bit weary, however, the food was the perfect temperature. The $28 was, in my opinion, a low cost for such an array of food and juices (I've never have cantaloupe juice before this trip!). On our second morning dining there, we opted to order off the menu. I had Silver Dollar pancakes that were truly heavenly. We decided to come back a third morning for the buffet one last time before leaving Grand Cayman. The Afternoon Tea was everything I expected from a traditional tea - scones (plain and raisin), various desserts, and of course, numerous little sandwiches including egg with caviar and lobster sandwiches, along with excellent service. At only $32/person, I was again amazed at the relatively low price for such an elaborate tea, (in my hometown a traditional afternoon tea at a grand, downtown hotel runs upwards of $60/person).

This hotel is really doing everything right - I hope my next time to Cayman I have a chance to actually stay there as a guest!

2 Thank Kathleen2184