“Wow! Fantastic location, service and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hemingway's

Hemingway's
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wow! Fantastic location, service and food!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We came here 20 years ago as a young couple so made a point to come back here with our kids. This was our 7th night in a row of lovely food, so we already have great places to compare to...they still get a 5. It was surprisingly empty for a Friday night, and maybe low season plus a few negative reviews earlier this year were the cause, but we thought it was fabulous!! We enjoyed just walking up the beach to get there, and then the outdoor seating is some of the best we experienced...can still see the water but also have the torches and landscaping for ambience. Sampler appetizer was so excellent, we then ordered extra ceviche. Then the salmon, linguini and especially the Peruvian bouillabaisse seafood stew were amazing. The price was as we expected for a high end place, but one of the lowest of the several high-end places we visited this trip. This will make our "trip highlights" list.

• Visited April 2014

Minnesota
“Beautiful sunset dinner”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We ate early around 6 and had a table facing ocean and the sunset was beautiful. Dinner was delicious, fresh snapper and I had shrimp. Wine list was perfect.

Visited March 2014
Cincinnati
“When in the Grand Cayman's, go to Hemingway's for a good dinner.”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

When I was in the GrandCaymans, I had the most terrific dinner at Hemingway's. The local fish was excellent, and the service was terrific. I liked the ambience as well as the food. After dining at Hemingway's, I wanted a restaurant that was of the same caliber.. I called them, and they recommended Luca. I enjoyed Luca, and I returned to Hemingway for another dinner before I left the island. If I am able to return to the grand Cayman Islands, I would definitely go back to Hemingway's and also Luca. Those two restaurants made the trip memorable.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank a2brutea
Cayman
“Delightfully surprised ...”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

It's been quite some time since I have been to Hemingway's and I was truly surprised at the difference! The setting of course is just beautiful, sit outside where the view is relaxing and awesome. The food, as many other reviewers have reported, is really well presented and delicious. I am a somewhat picky eater (not fond of too many spices) and they went out of their way to make me a meal that is not one of their regular dinner items. Thank you very much Martin, really appreciated. Our young visitor from Tiger, Georgia had oysters and says they are really good! Thanks also to our server, Lawrence, a fellow South African who took great care of our table of four diners! All in all a great Monday evening experience!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ladyluck033
New Jersey
“Excellent food”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Excellent food in a nice setting, service was great and the presentation of the food was really really nice.
The only negative is finding it in the first place. We drove past it several times. Even though it is attached to the
Grand Cayman Beach Suites the signage is awful you can't read the sign. the restaurant is at the back of the hotel just off the beach again signage is lacking..

Visited February 2014