“so-so but will give it another chance”
Review of Hemingway's

Hemingway's
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I have been to Grand Cayman and Hemingway's six times. On our most recent visit last week, we found the food pretty good but not entirely matching the menu description. We both ordered the Citrus Chicken -- which seemed to have nothing whatsoever to do with citrus. It was, however, presented beautifully on the plate. To be honest, at any other restaurant, I might have rated the dish "very good," but I have come to have much higher expectations based on our past experiences at Hemingway's. Had we not both ordered the very same thing, I suspect our experience would have been better - and - for that reason, I would go back.

There are newer reviews for Hemingway's

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Lovely setting, and good service. The quality is good and if you are staying at the GCBS eat here instead of the beach bar - the price is the same, but the quality is far superior

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was a great dining experience. The food was amazing along with fantastic service. I recommend having the soup of the day along with the calamari and lamb shank. You must order the signature sticky toffee pudding for dessert.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at Grand Cayman Beach Suites for our anniversary and planned dinner that evening at Hemingway's with our best friends. It was a 5 STAR evening from the moment we arrived, dining outside, beautiful evening great service and outstanding food from appetizers to desert. Life doesn't get any better than that folks. It was special. We also had breakfast there 3 mornings and it also was excellent. We too met "Stacy" and she was a trip, great gal. Worked pool bar, breakfast and bar on 3 different days.. Can't wait to return, don't pass it up if you are in GC.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Went for lunch, service was excellent, choices were limited. We sat outside and looked at the ocean. I think the dinner menu looks better with more seafood options.