“A Stand-Out”

Edoardo's
Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a leading Italian restaurant featuring authentic Italian cuisine and in addition, in some dishes, fusing the flavors of the islands to add a little local flair to the menu. We have an extensive award winning wine list and an adjacent cocktail lounge that is very popular with local residents and tourists alike. The ambiance of the restaurant is such that it puts our guests at ease to relax and enjoy our excellent service whilst indulging in our authentic homemade cuisine.
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My wife and I have dined in Italian restaurants across the world, but this one in--of all places--the Cayman Islands is one of our favorites. Edoardo's is tucked away on a side street behind Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman. We have dined there often over the past 10 years and have never written a review, but our last visit (see below) made me decide that I should say a few words. We have come to know many of the staff, who hale from everywhere imaginable (Italy, Spain, Sardinia, South Africa, the Philippines, Ireland) and are unbelievably helpful and full of fun. They definitely help make the experience a thoroughly delightful one, right from the opening bruschetta to the final complimentary glass of port or limoncello (your choice). My usual favorite, though this is not an ironclad rule, is the evening's pasta special, which is invariably a seafood delight. But I was astounded during most recent visit when, shrugging off old habits, I took a plunge and ordered a T-bone steak. The reason for my astonishment? The steak produced by Edoardo's ITALIAN chef was better than its equivalent at our favorite steak house! Yes, this little restaurant is definitely a stand-out ... and yes, that's why I am writing this review.

3  Thank wichoo47

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Wife and I wanted a break from the seafood so we selected this place based on the reviews. The appetizers we selected were Caprese and Calamari. Nothing wrong with either, just nothing special. Both needed a little zest.

I had spaghetti bolognaise and my wife linguini with shrimp. The bolognaise lacked the taste you usually find in a good bolognaise and my wife's linguini she described as glue.

We skipped dessert. Service with excellent and the waiter was very efficient.

Prices were very reasonable for the Caribbean.

1  Thank olympicoscar
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The food was amazing! Couldn't have asked for a better atmosphere or better service. Denis Rowe was our server and he made us feel right at home.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were tired and just wanted a pizza the night we ate at Edoardo's. The waiter was great and they serve each table bruschetta and a wonderful bread basket. The pizza was okay, but the other food being served looked absolutely wonderful.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Our first night in Cayman we arrived at Edoardo's with nine tired and hungry people. We didn't know what to expect of an Italian restaurant in the Caribbean. Edoardo's was a wonderful surprise. The food was very good with all the Italian favorites. Our waiter Peppino was the best with excellent recommendations and warm and friendly service. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank Cari F