“Nice Location, but Pricey Booze”

Calico Jack's Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Keswick, Canada
“Nice Location, but Pricey Booze”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

The place has plenty of seating available with a small gift shop, change rooms, rest rooms, and showers. Unfortunately, when I visited, the water was very rough and unsafe for children to swim alone. The waves coming into the beach were over my head and could easily knock over an adult. The food prices were reasonable, but alcohol was way overpriced. Menu prices were in Cayman Island Dollars with a US exchange rate of $1.25. So a mixed drink was $12.50 US. A bucket of 5 beers was $25US. Maybe prices are higher in the Cayman Islands, but everywhere else in the Caribbean I've been had much cheaper booze. We ordered Jerk chicken and chicken tenders. We enjoyed it, but nothing too special. Lots of taxis around when we had too leave.

1 Thank mikekris

Buckhead, Georgia
“Why we came to the Islands!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Three girls on a weekend getaway to the Caribbean couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to party. We went for Sunday lunch and didn't leave till sunset it was that much fun! The food was typical (my friends had quesidillas and i had french fries and a salad) but the scenery, staff, atmosphere and location were to die for. I am so glad our concierge recommended we go.

• Visited January 2014
Southeast Kansas
“Good choice for a beach spot with food/drink”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Cruisers- We asked to be dropped off at Calico Jacks at the end of our taxi tour. Had a few local brews and a tasty jerk chicken dinner. A little over $50 for the two of us. Taxi ride back to the ship $5. This place is set up for to meet the experience tourists are looking for.

Para sailing and the other activities are right there too.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank KansasBubba
Boston, Massachusetts
“Calico Jack's”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Went for drinks and had a great Mudslide . The bar people were extremely nice and helpful and great service.
I know some people have given bad reviews but it is a rustic bar right on the beach and not fancy like some would like. Fancy is not usually on the beach.
I did see fish and chips being served that looked quite good as many were eating them up.
I personally did not have time for dinner but would go back if I have enough time.
If you like really casual on the beach I do suggest you go.

• Visited February 2014
Plainview, New York
“What a dirty dump!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I love music and enjoy dancing at a club once in a while but this place was definitely out of control. After canvassing Seven Mile Beach for a decent atmosphere, we came across this establishment and decided to check the place out.

Without exaggerating...we both walked in, turned right around and walked back out! The first bad sign was the couple we encountered basically humping each other out on one of the bar's benches. We walked by and went in for a closer look inside. We were met with insanely drunk patrons who were behaving like animals!

The place looked dirty and shameful (putting it lightly). We turned around and walked to our car in shock.

One star is way too much for this place. Tripadvisor should implement a tenth of a star to make a point!

• Visited January 2014