“Soooo Good!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The restaurant is great. I loved the pumkin filled pasta (it is called something else) with the roasted tomatoes. So good! Next to the restaurant there is a lawn where the hotel sets up lounger charis every night and shows a Disney movie. The kids can eat on the lounge chairs and adults can eat in the restaurant, great concept. Sous Chef jordan is amazing!

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Like most restaurants in the area, it's a bit on the pricey side, but a great place. It's at the ritz on a water way, and pretty much the entire restaurant is outside. We split a delicious Greek salad and a Caribbean pizza. Server was excellent and accommodating.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

This was our 4th trip to GC. Usually we have a list of many great restaurants we wish to dine out in but once we found Periwinkle, it was over for us as far as "exceeds everwhere else in all categories" . Food and service heaven!! We ended up dining at Periwinkle at least 5 times over the week and each time we were absolutely thrilled with the food quality, and service. The location and ambience is just perfect for a romantic meal or light lunch.
The staff hail from all over the world, I am not certain what the previous reviewer's unfortunate remark about the staff was, but I can tell you we found each one of our staff to be be the utmost in professionalism, genuine charm, personality and intelligence. Sounds like someone determined to be grumpy and critical! This is a staff that is absolutely committed to excellence in every way and for dedicated high expectation foodies like ourselves, a rare and wonderful experience. Nothing asked for out of the ordinary was too much trouble and definately a place that by visit 2, everyone remembered your name...that alone is rare. Over the course of each meal, we were made to feel like VIP guests and by the end of our stay, felt like we were leaving family. Ditto on the truffle parmesan fries..OMG!!!!! I'll never look at fries the same way again! Pizzas, creative and delicious, wonderful salads, delicious desserts, terric entrees and a sommalier that knows her stuff to happily guide you through the impressive wine list. As a final comment, we absolutely did not find Periwinkle to be any more expensive than any where else in the same food category on the island. Then again, you get what you pay for and, for us, money happily and well spent. We are still smiling from the memories of our time in Periwinkle. Bravo Bravo to our friends at Periwinkle from your Canadian friends!!!

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Periwinkle is a restaurant located on the Ritz property. Periwinkle is open daily for lunch and dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Here is their sample restaurant menu:

My wife and I had lunch here twice during a recent four-day stay at the Ritz. We really enjoyed our lunch both times. A very nice atmosphere and excellent service.

Prices 16 - 23 CI. The chicken paninni is quite good and their salads are good as well. Their prices are comparable to most other Cayman restaurants.

Would recommend.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

Ate here with family of 5 in June. I had e-mailed the Ritz a month in advance that we would be dining on the eve of my daughter's 9th birthday and would appreciate it if they could make a special dessert for her. The manager e-mailed me to find out what my daughter liked, and I explained she loved chocolate. They assured me they would have something special.

The pizzas are very good (we actually had them again to-go one night). I had Tuna, which was wonderfully prepared. We did have the famed parmesan truffle fries and they were great. My daughter had the mac'n'cheese and thought it was the best ever (ordered it while at Eric Ripert's Blue a few night's later). Drinks were above average. We sat right next to the water which was pretty, but as the night went on, there were lots of biting insects. The restaurant had "house" bug spray for you to use. At the end of the meal, they brought out a fairly large cake/torte with berries that was wonderful (see picture) and helped sing happy birthday. I was impressed with the food. Our waiter was a bit busy and therefore slow for us at first, but the other wait staff noticed and did a good job of picking up the slack. I'd eat here again.

We planned to stay to watch the outdoor movie, but the bugs were too bad.