“Mark comes through again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Absolute Divers - CLOSED

Absolute Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Owner operated with more than 20 years experience we are committed to providing you with a safe ,professional and most of all fun dive or snorkel charter. Perfect for small groups, families, beginners needing extra care or the experienced diver seeking more challenging dive sites. No pumped up sales pitch full of self praise and disingenuous promises, we offer a safe, pleasant dive or snorkel trip and have fun doing it.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Mark comes through again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Mark runs the best boat on the whole Island, unfortuately his fuel pump went out the morning of our dive. He personaly aranged a private boat for us with one of his competitors on short notice. So thanks to Mark instead of the day being a bust we spent the day on the SECOND best boat on the whole Island! Thanks again Mark and hope to see you next year!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank WildBillsScuba

Guelph, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Love Diving with Mark”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

My wife and I have been coming every year to Grand Cayman Island to dive, for approx 15 years. We dove with various operators for the first few years, and never had a bad experience. We just don't like the sometimes crowded feeling that can happen with the big operators.
I think it was 10 years ago that we decided to try a private charter, and stumbled upon Mark at Absolute Divers. We have dove every year with him since, except one (can you say Huricane Ivan?)
We wholeheartedly recommend him if you are looking for that private, one on one dive experience. This is not high end luxury. You aren't met at the end of a dive with a heated towel, etc. What you do get is individual attention, great recommendations, receptive to different site ideas, and a generally all around good guy.

We've just booked our dives for this upcoming Nov dive trip, and are looking forward to spending time with Mark.

Visited November 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mark - Absolute divers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

My friends and I hired Mark for the week to dive. The weather was terrible, hard rain and rough waters and Mark made sure we did not dive in conditions that we would not be safe in. We still went diving in the rain, but we felt safe knowing Mark's experience with diving on the Island. we had a great time despite the weather. We really enjoyed watching Mark hunt for Lionfish, Thank you Mark for a fun experience !

Visited May 2012
Ogden, Utah, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“NO SHOW!! Even after booking months in advance!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED!!! We booked with Mark and Absolute Divers because we read so many great reviews. Just know that if anything happens to his boat, there is no backup plan or backup boat!!! We booked our trip with Mark months in advance and have many emails confirming everything!! When we arrived we were told to call him from the information desk only to find out that it was not happening!!! Several of our divers certified specifically for this trip. We don't live anywhere near an ocean so we were really looking forward to this experience. We were told that his boat hit a reef and instead of apologizing to us personally and doing everything possible to find another dive boat for us, we were told by the information lady....(oh well, things happen is kinda how she put it!!!) I was standing right next to her while she was talking to Mark and he didn't even bother to talk to me personally!!!! Because it was so late, we were unable to find anybody who had room for our divers. Everything was completely booked up!!!! We planned months and months in advance for this.....We couldn't believe that he just waited for us to show up and never even tried himself to find someone to accomodate us. We were told that if someone had started calling a little earlier, we probably would have found someone. We were so upset!! He should have been the one on the phone doing everything possible for us. He DIDN"T!!!! (Sometimes I wonder if he just had a better offer so he just left us hanging!) We spent at least an hour trying to find someone as my 80 year old mother and 7 month old grand baby sat out in the heat waiting. This was a horrible way to start our vacation!! I realize that things happen, but hopefully, in the future, they will have a better back up plan because they are dealing with people who put their trust in them and plan months and months in advance to assure their vacations are enjoyable! WOW--and not a single apology!!!!!!

Visited May 2012
10 Thank Audrey H
masiio, Owner at Absolute Divers, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
First of all let me say that I am very sorry that their trip started out badly . I to am not pleased that I was unable to run the charter nor have I been able to do so to date as the parts I need have to be shipped in from Miami.

However what is said about the the circumstances that day is absolutely NOT TRUE.

Unfortunately at around 9pm the night before this person arrived I hit something coming through the reef on the north side rendering the boat dead in the water 1 mile from shore. After floating at sea in the dark for 2 hours I was finally towed in by a friend of mine and it was 2 am before I actually returned home.

The next morning I was up at 5 am to get in the water and look at the damage. It was at that point I realized it was not only a damaged propeller but also a bent prop shaft and there was no way I could repair this before the trip.

I then proceeded to contact every dive operation on the island that I have dealt with the past 17 years trying to arrange an alternate dive trip. Unfortunately they where all booked .

The reason I didn’t speak to this person at the time is because I was receiving a call back from one of the dive operators I had tried to contact earlier and wanted to find out if they were available. I did ask the tourist information lady at the pier to pass on my apologies and that I would call back shortly.
In hindsight maybe I should have asked to speak to you directly but as I say I was frantically trying to make other arrangements for them dive.

I did call back later on to find they had already gone. The lady at the information booth commented that they were very rude even before she had called me to inform me of their arrival and that she also had tried everyone she new to try to accommodate them.

I did send an email explaining everything that happened and apologizing.

It is unfortunate that in this day and age it seems anyone can write anything about anyone true or not and send it out for the world to see.

I hope the rest of the trip was more enjoyable and again sorry it didn’t work out in Cayman but the circumstances were beyond my control. Id like to add however that hearing the way the tourist information lady was spoken to and the comments in the review and email to me I think its probably best the way it did work out.
Washington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best on Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

I am in love with Cayman Islands and have been there many times in last few years. The sea holds lots of wonder. Over my trips to cayman islands, I tried diving with other divers but My experience was the best with Mark's absolute divers. I have never left any review before, but this time i noticed a few negative reviews before I returned to dive with Absolute divers. But my doubts, were put to rest and even I enjoyed with Perry being around. This time I had to review Absolute divers so that people are not affected by negative comments like I was. Mark, on all my trips has always made a point give us all the warnings and instructions before getting into the gear. He has been very patient with all our fears. He lets us explore though keeping a watchful eye on us.I have always learned something new from him.
I recommend and would recommend it to all.

Visited April 2012