“Excellent dive experience”
Review of Pirate Divers

Pirate Divers
Ranked #3 of 78 Tours in George Town
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a small personalized dive operation and a fully authorized PADI resort located on the center of Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman. We run two customized dive boats, full valet service, complimentary pick ups and drop-offs. We only take a MAX of SIX divers per boat and every dive is guided by a PADI professional to enhance your comfort and your safety. We have complimentary fresh towels, iced water and snack. For qualified divers we offer 2 tank am/pm boat dives, night dives, ex-USS Kittiwake wreck and guided shore dives. For those wishing to try out and learn Scuba diving we offer the full range of PADI courses from introduction dives through to instructor level. We also offer personalized snorkel trips,stingray sandbar trips and a north sound water taxi.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

We chose Pirate Divers after reviewing them on Trip Advisor. Nathan and Mac were very knowledgeable and friendly. My husband is a less experienced diver and Mac made him feel 100% comfortable. We also had a small group of just three of us plus Mac so we really felt like we were the only ones on the reef. The conditions were perfect, lots of marine life and the visibility was unbelievable. My only complaint is that we didn't get to stay in the area longer because we were on a cruise. Next vacation we will stay locally and dive daily with Mac and is crew. Thanks for the awesome experience !!!!

All reviews
"dive sites"
in 27 reviews
"grand cayman"
in 74 reviews
"advanced open water course"
"newly certified divers"
in 5 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed November 21, 2014

As a dive instructor myself I've dived with all sorts of groups and outfits I many countries.
Mac and James have it nailed.
Just enough supervision to focus on safety, respect for the reef and ocean and enough freedom not to make you feel like you're diving with your baby sitter. Serious divers that respect the reef but experienced enough to let the dive group feel like they're part of the island part of the crew. It was fabulous week back on island but diving in the deep blue with Pirates Divers was the icing on the cake! Do yourself a favor and dive with the guys returning locals choose. Marcella Ashton.

Reviewed November 18, 2014

We chose Mac and Pirate Divers after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. My girlfriend and I made a total of 13 dives during our week in Cayman, including one night dive. I can't praise Mac and Pirate Divers enough. Mac was the best Dive Master we have ever had which includes trips to Bonaire, Turks, Belize, and Exumas. He is very professional and courteous. He also has an amazing knowledge of the dive sites. We trusted him completely and he was excellent at spotting things in the water including a spectacular octopus on the night dive. We were picked up at our condo promptly and returned after the dives. They handled all of our equipment and kept it clean and ready for us the entire week. If you find yourself going to Grand Cayman and love to dive, you must call Mac at Pirate Divers. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 17, 2014

I have been diving in Grand Cayman since 1986 and have had pleasant experiences everywhere on the island, luckily. I started off my vacation week watching football at the Lone Star on Sunday, and was fortunate enough to be sitting next to Mac. After checking all the good reviews that night, I decided to go with him. It was a great learning experience because of his vast diving knowledge and professionalism... and I thought I had a lot of experience diving over my years! He was hands down the BEST the instructor I've ever had. I can't believe he even tested my equipment at the dock and found 2 problems that I don't think any dive operator would of taken the time to look at. Awesome experience diving with Mac and hope others will do the same! This is my 1st trip advisor review ever, as I thought he was well deserved.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I dove with these three professional, knowledgable, and entertaining gents on Wednesday November 12th. We wanted to see the Kittiwake and do a night dive. Mac and crew made us feel safe and comfortable as soon as we arrived at the boat. He went through all of the basics before we entered the water and made sure we were safe the whole time. Throughout the dive Mac kept us informed and entertained. There are many options when diving in Cayman but Pirate Divers is top notch. We left feeling like we gained 3 friends for life.

1  Thank Montresor8