“Great food, great atmosphere!”

Bread and Chocolate Vegan Bistro
Ranked #5 of 119 Restaurants in George Town
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Modern. Responsible. Delicious. Bread and Chocolate is the first full-service vegan restaurant in the Cayman Islands providing healthy all-day breakfast and lunch alternatives for health-conscious and eco-conscious diners. All breads, desserts, sauces etc. Are made in house. Organic and local produce featured where and whenever possible. Located in the centre of the financial district of George Town. Parking is very limited so plan for a short walk from your car if you drive any day other than Saturday (loads of street parking available on weekends). Bus terminal is next door so it is strongly encouraged to take one of the municipal "buses" which are, for the most part, mini-vans with stickers on them - the EE (East End) bus is more of the typical style bus. Taking the bus is greatly encouraged since it's better for the environment, way cheaper than a cab and is a unique experience on it's own. Some pay parking available at the Town Centre Plaza on Albert Panton Street and behind Bayshore Mall. Table service and take out available. Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.M. To 4 p.M., Saturdays, Sundays and most public holidays from 9 a.M. To 2 p.M.
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Best black bean soup ever! I've been to a number of vegan restaurants and this one is second to none. Too many great dishes to mention them all. So convenient when you work in George Town.

1  Thank wendal50

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I am certainly not vegan. Meat and two veg for me. I was dubious. However the breakfast was delicious. Very tasty and fulfilling. I had the breakfast tortillas. The espresso coffee also was very tasty and well made. Staff friendly and very helpful (especially for sceptics like me). A must visit while at Grand Cayman

1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Thanks to the glowing reviews of a vegan friend of mine, we were tempted to give this place a try. We were blown away at how good the food was. I had the Shepard's Pie and couldn't believe how delicious it was. And I make Shepard's pie at home (with lamb) and love that too. My husband and daughter both had breakfast items and were delighted. The vegan ice cream was even delicious. We're not likely to become vegetarians, but we are DEFINITELY going to be returning here for more food. The place is small but comfortable. The coconut and chocolate dessert item that they had on display was just as delicious. Thanks for giving us meat eaters a lesson that vegan does NOT = bland. I can't recommend this place enough!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

As a none vegetarian I was slow to try Bread and Chocolate but I absolutely love this place...the food is so tasty, great value (not easy find in Cayman!), servers are exceptionally friendly, decor is great very imaginative...took my Mum there when she was visiting...her only disappoint was it was her last day and she couldn't go again! Would love if you had a recipe book ; )

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Last summer Bread and Chocolate turned into one of our "go-to" lunch spots. Tacos, burgers, bowls, and drinks were all absolutely delicious. Everything made from scratch and very reasonably priced. The only thing I missed was the vegan Shepard's pie that was on special one day last summer. I swore that this summer I'd get that Shepard's pie if it was ever on special. Well, my wait is over. It's now on the regular menu and was absolutely delicious when I stopped in yesterday. Filled with beets, lentils and cabbage, and topped with a mushroom sauce, it was amazing! Like last summer, this will be a regular lunch spot for us anytime we're in GT this summer.