“The One and Only Vegan Restaurant in Cayman Islands”

Bread and Chocolate
Ranked #10 of 118 Restaurants in George Town
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Modern. Responsible. Delicious. Bread and Chocolate is the first full-service vegan restaurant in the Cayman Islands providing healthy all-day breakfast and lunch alternatives for health-conscious and eco-conscious diners. All breads, desserts, sauces etc. Are made in house. Organic and local produce featured where and whenever possible. Located in the centre of the financial district of George Town. Parking is very limited so plan for a short walk from your car if you drive any day other than Saturday (loads of street parking available on weekends). Bus terminal is next door so it is strongly encouraged to take one of the municipal "buses" which are, for the most part, mini-vans with stickers on them - the EE (East End) bus is more of the typical style bus. Taking the bus is greatly encouraged since it's better for the environment, way cheaper than a cab and is a unique experience on it's own. Some pay parking available at the Town Centre Plaza on Albert Panton Street and behind Bayshore Mall. Table service and take out available. Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.M. To 4 p.M., Saturdays, Sundays and most public holidays from 9 a.M. To 2 p.M.
Portland, Oregon
“The One and Only Vegan Restaurant in Cayman Islands”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a place you must eat at while you are in George town. It has a very friendly, relaxed atmosphere. It's a pretty small place which can get pretty packed during lunch time. Everything on the menu is homemadeand vegan, including all the bread and pastries.

• Visited March 2014

New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Vegan Restaurant in Grand Cayman”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have been to Grand Cayman twice within the last 9 months and each time I enjoyed excellent vegan food at Bread and Chocolate. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch or an early dinner. They close at 4:00 pm. It is conveniently located in the heart of Georgetown.

I was very excited to find out about this place prior visiting the island and was not disappointed when I went there for the first time. The signature dish is their delicious chocolate stuffed French toast, which you can get with a scoop of homemade coconut milk vanilla ice cream. Yum! Their tofu scramble with home fries sautéed greens and toast was very good as well. When available, try their baked beans on toast with potatoes and gravy for brunch or lunch. The beans are homemade and flavored to perfection. I liked the breakfast sandwich on a fresh baked roll with tempeh. The only salad I tried was the Caesar salad and it was satisfying. The soups I had were flavorful. The Island BowI is jerk spiced tofu, sautéed greens, black beans, and fried plantains and is one of my favorites. I also liked the Black Bean Tacos and Shepherds Pie lunch plates. I tried the Happy Tuna salad sandwich made with chickpea "tuna" and was very impressed. The desserts are awesome! The vegan chocolate chip cookie is the best I ever had. The cakes were moist and delicious. I had a gluten free brownie that was so good, I could not believe it was gluten free. I also enjoyed their freshly made juices.

The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfy with nice art work on the walls. As a vegan scuba diver, I really appreciate Bread and Chocolate. Over the years, I found vegan dining in the Caribbean to be somewhat challenging. Thanks mainly to Bread and Chocolate, it is safe to say that Grand Cayman is now very vegan friendly.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Andre29
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good even if you are not a vegetarian!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This place was a great find in Georgetown. We had several vegetarians in our group along with several carnivores - and they both were pleased with what they ordered. The only thing we did not care for was the beet burger. It had an overpowering beet flavor and the texture was too mushy. I would not order that again. The waitress was so friendly and helpful - really really nice! This will be on my list of places to visit on my next trip to the island!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Cinda10
None
“Vegans should try during island visit!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Me and a friend went to Bread and Chocolate at about lunch time but did not (initially realize) the place was a vegan galore. The place is strategically located in Georgetown, not far away from the cruise ship terminal and just next to the bus depot. As we walked in through the door, we were greeted by a very friendly lady who explained what the place is about and what sort of menus being offered. I was surprised they have 'tempeh' (soy bean) on the menu and with no doubt ordered and I was pleased with it. The menu is quite various so take your time to order what you think is the best for you. The only thing is the place is relatively small, so expanding the place might be my suggestion at this point. However, I will consider visiting the place again!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank IRT_1
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Vegan Brunch”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Although not a vegan, we heard great things about this restaurant and wanted to try it. My husband had the waffle, and I had the breakfast tacos. Both were outstanding. The service was great, and they had free wifi. Overall, a great experience!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank JHB16
RenoAgata, Owner at Bread and Chocolate, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for your review, happy you enjoyed your meal. Hope you had a great vacation!