TripAdvisor

Ranked #14 of 140 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the historic George Town waterfront, offering sweeping ocean views, overlooking the multi-tiered Oceanside deck, Cabana is known for its authentically progressive, LOCAL Caymanian cuisine, including the islands freshest fish, straight from the Fish Market next door, local favorites like stewed beef n' mac and of course, ice cold beers and frozen tropical drinks galore. At night, we fire up our freshest catches, our grilled and juicy jerk chicken and a variety of local specialties. We love our Farmers, and we work closely with them all year long, showcasing locally grown produce and meats. Get to know our mouth watering Calypso Burger with our homemade LOCAL mango salsa and very own LOCAL rum bbq sauce as you enjoy the fresh sea breeze at Cabana. Designed to make the most of oceanside dining, the menu focuses on the freshest of ingredients, fused with locally inspired Caymanian and Caribbean flavors. Join us every Thursday night for a special al fresco family style Farm to Table Culinary Adventure! Featuring 'Ocean to Table' freshly caught seafood accompanied by an artfully prepared special ensemble of the islands absolute best 'Root to Table' locally grown fruits & vegetables from our Farmers island wide. A harvest dinner experience featuring locally sourced, sustainably grown and ethically harvested cuisine! #Eatlocal #locavore Reservations are required for this specialty dining experience.
Reviewed May 22, 2017

We went for the Thursday night Farm to Table family style meal and it was incredible. Seriously, we ate at Eric Ripert's Blue at the Ritz two days earlier and my wife and I agreed that the food was better at Cayman Cabana. I know what you are thinking...no way but in my mind it isn't even close between the two. Blue was more cutting edge and showed incredible technique with the ingredients but I will take food cooked with love over food cooked with technique any day. Luigi was an incredible host and so knowledgeable about the food, the island, and Cayman culture. Everyone in our group agreed that it was the most fun we had on the island. You can bet that if we ever make it back to Grand Cayman, Cayman Cabana will be one of our first stops.

Date of visit: May 2017
2  Thank ScottinLA2011
Write a reviewReviews (415)

Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

Our group of 12 was accommodated same day and with no problems for an amazing farm to table dinner that was our most memorable meal of our trip on the island! Luigi was so welcoming and such a genuine guy who is so passionate about his restaurant and providing the absolute best service and food. We had several courses that were prepared with so much love and flavor and our entire group couldn't get enough of each course. The ambiance was perfect.. on the water, reggae music playing, great bar. Everything was incredible. Thank you Luigi and everyone at Cayman Cabana for a wonderful night and delicious meal! We will definitely be back!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank 310lovetotravel
Reviewed May 18, 2017

We had just done Stingray city and needed a beer so we dropped into the Cabana and sat at the bar. This was not our first visit to this place as we had sat in the same seats 11 years previously!!

Service was swift and precise and after a couple of beers, we decided to eat. The food was awesome, my burger was just as I like it (just dead) and my wife's prawns were superb.

Stopped for a few more beers and then headed back to the port for our tender back to our sanitised cruise ship. Why don't they have bars like this on ships?

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 25, 2017

My family and I did the Sea Trek Tour (office is located below this restaurant) and we were starving when we got back from our adventure so we decided to try to eat here. We made the mistake of going when two Cruise ships were docked so it was crazy busy. We sat down, after two minutes no one came to give us menus so my husband got up and got menus himself, after another ten minutes of being ignored and my kids complaining they were hungry we got up and left. There seemed to be one girl running around taking care of many tables, I think they need more than one girl on days like that (cruise ship days that is) and more than one bathroom too!!! Waited about 15 minutes on line to use the one and only ladies room they had!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 19, 2017

Actually, I call him Romeo. Been visiting for years, love visiting with him. He always has my kids help make something different behind the bar, they love him. Great views, great drinks, great people! Soca shrimp is AWESOME!! Hey Romeo, see you in a few weeks!!

Date of visit: August 2016