“Great Experience and Great Guides!!”

Cayman Eco Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cayman Eco Adventures offers trips to Grand Cayman's famous Stingray City. With groups limited twenty five, an experienced crew and a fast boat, you will see for yourself why we are one of the best tour companies in the Cayman Islands.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I would highly recommend Cayman Eco Adventures. Kevin and Kate were fantastic. We had a nice small group which was great for feeding the Stingrays. Kevin and Kate are extremely knowledgeable in regard to the Stingrays -- in fact they all have names. I would not hesitate to book another adventure with Cayman Eco Adventures. Thank you so much for making this the highlight of our trip.

1  Thank CharleneR398

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I just returned from a cruise with three good friends. I had booked a shore excursion with Cayman Eco Adventures prior to leaving on the cruise, and I am so glad that I did. When I learned that the four of us were the only passengers who had booked the tour, I worried that they would cancel our trip. I think other tour companies would have cancelled the tour or taken on more passengers at the last minute, but not Cayman Eco Adventures. Kevin and Buster took us snorkeling and to feed the stingrays, and we had so much fun. Other boats were loaded down with passengers, but we had the deck to ourselves! Buster even served as our personal photographer as Kevin showed us how to feed the stingrays. We all agreed that if we return to Grand Cayman, we will definitely book with Cayman Eco Adventures.

2  Thank ladydoc2006
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had no idea what we were in for going to visit the stingrays. These guys ARE THE BEST! I saw so many different boats out there loaded with people......the most these guys take on is 25 at the VERY MOST. We had booked to go on Thursday, but according to my head I thought it was Wednesday...so that is when we arrived 25 hours early. They took us with another couple and the couples 2 kids. That was all we had. Everything was so much better than anything I had ever anticipated for this. I think it was 110% due to Eco Adventures. Take this tour. They even invited us to come back the next day since we were already booked.....at no charge no less. So I don't ever write reviews, but I want everyone that goes to Cayman to check these guys out. High light of my trip! Thanks to them!

1  Thank Vicki O
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We selected Cayman Eco Adventures for a tour of Sting Ray City snorkeling and it was incredible -- the highlight of our seven day cruise! They were easy to find once we got off the ship and after a short bus ride to their boat, we were off. In addition to the hospitality of Kevin and Kate, the boat ride was fun for us (a group of 10, including children aged 10 and up). We could walk around a bit and sit up front on the bow to see everything. The boat holds about 25 passengers; on our boat, there 10 in our party and three other parties of four people, for a total of 22. Once we got to Sting Ray City, Kevin passed out masks and snorkels for those that wanted them (I recommended getting one so you can follow the rays closely -- makes touching and holding them easier). There were lots of boats there, but we had lots of rays (huge!) around us the whole time. Kevin had a bucket of cigar minnows that we used to attract the rays (the big boats that the cruise ships use have about 150 people on the boat and I didn't see anyone over there with bait -- in fact, by the time the last ones were getting in the water it was almost time to leave). We had plenty of time with the rays and my daughter (12) was very nervous at first, but within a few minutes she was having the time of her life -- hugging and kissing the rays! -- and she was the last one back on the boat. Then we took a very short ride to a reef to snorkel -- very nice (lots of fish and a moray eel). Then it was back to the dock. I think the whole thing was about 3.5 hours.

The boat does have a bathroom beneath. Also, we purchased a few beers when we got off the ship and put them in the boat's cooler (Eco Tours has some bottled water if you want it) so we could enjoy the ride out and back in.

1  Thank CrimsonWahoo
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This was my 3rd trip with Cayman Eco. Thoroughly enjoyable and very knowledgeable crew. You don't only get to swim with stingrays but you are educated on them as well. Would highly recommend this tour!!

1  Thank Kim M