“Try it once for the experience”

The Captain's Bakery and Grill
Ranked #87 of 118 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a little place several blocks from the Comfort Suites where we stayed. The food translates differently from US to CI. If you order meatloaf, you will get something different than you expect if you are from the US. Not a bad thing, just take note. I tried the curried goat, others with me had chicken, and patties. We topped it off with coconut macaroons. Food is not gourmet, but the prices were ok and it was obviously were local workers grabbed a meal. Ask for clear description of the food before you order. There is ice cream and desserts available here too.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband enjoyed the food. He's from Jamaica and they sell mostly Jamaican food. I don't care for it too much myself except the fish looked good. However, it was late at night so I didn't want to get an upset stomach from eating heavy food. I just had a potato from Wendys.
I did get a cupcake and my son had some ice cream. Skip the cupcakes. The icing was terrible.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Really good jerk pork. Good jerk chicken as well. Would eat there everyday if I wasn't watching my carbs etc. Service isn't top of the line, but eh, the food is good.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I went to the Ocho Rios Branch of the Captain's Bakery and Grill as it was also near to my hotel. I went in, and the staff was present and were able to give me advice about what menu items were best. I had the fried chicken and oxtail, and I fell in love! Ate there many days during my stay actually. The food was consistent and tasted great!

2  Thank 777captain
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The Captain's Bakery and Grill was close to where we were staying and was recommended as a place with good jerk chicken by the car rental agent. We didn't try the chicken, but we went there for an ice cream cone. They had several flavors and it was reasonably priced. Many local people were eating there. Give it a try if you are close and don't want to spend a lot for a meal.

1  Thank MilwaukeeSunseeker2