“Huge Dissapointment”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Having been to several Margaritaville's in the US, I was expecting a great time when my friends and I visited. What we got was poor and slow service. One male bartender did not know how to make a Long Island Tea. My friend ordered guacamole (not even fresh). She was charged $5 for this and had to order chips separately (another $5). I ordered cheese fries - they were ok - but the portion was very small and cost $11. My friends had to ask for the manager and the bartender pointed and said "his office is over there"! We insisted that the manager come to us, he finally did and removed the charge for the chips on my friends' tab. After he did it, he walked away while shaking his head!
I have worked in several restaurants and stores and the hospitality here was terrible! I made sure to tell the bartender that I would continue to frequent the Nashville location but will NEVER return to this one again. The only reason I give two stars is because they had live music and complementary wifi.

MvilleCarib, Social Media Coordinator at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for your review we appreciate your feedback. We are saddened by your review. We are a service based company and your comments show that we have fallen short in this aspect, please accept our apologies. As a repeat visitor to Margaritaville, you would have become accustomed to our warm hospitality. We have forwarded your comments to management to discuss so that more training modules can be put into place. We thank you again for visiting and hope you will stop by again so that we can make it right.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were here in January 2014. Food was decent but the drinks were terrible. They were so strong ! The girls could not even drink them! The guys ordered drinks and couldn't even finish theirs. Service was not even that great. We found that one in Orlando Fl is much better. Would rather have went to a different place instead of one like this that is over rated. We understand that things cost more there but $200 for 2 burgers 2 orders of fish tacos and 4 Margarita's is EXTREMELY excessive!

Thank you for your review. We are sorry we were unable to meet your standards from a pricing point. However, we would like to assure you that we are constantly evaluating to ensure that we remain competitive for other like businesses. We have noted your comments regarding service and have forwarded them to management to review and instill more training. We do apologize for your unpleasant experience and hope you will visit again so that we can make it right.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The first time here several years ago, we ate outside, and there was music and dancing! Lovely fun!

This time, we decided to eat inside, and try something we hadn't had before. I had the Grilled Chicken, Cheese and Nut Salad..........a wonderful salad that included black bean and corn salsa, and pineapple, along with almond slivers. This salad was HUGE, and big enough to share and still satisfy! If we get back sometime, I will get this again!

We loved eating here; the food and the service were both great, and everyone seemed to be happy and having a good time. Our server was Eldona, and even though the restaurant was busy, she still made time to talk to us a about the island and it's history. We left feeling that we had made a new friend..

Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to write this awesome review. We are happy that your experience was just as great the second time around. We put major effort in ensuring that all who visit feel comfortable and like family and your comments show that we are on the right track and that makes us happy. We love that you loved our scrumptious food and beverage offerings and hope you return soon. Thanks again for stopping by

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Altho I've been to several Margaritaville's in the past I won't recommend this one. It's in a great location with what looked to be a wonderful pool bar. The service was slow and it seemed that we were interrupting the island time siesta. Only saw our waiter twice. Once to order and once for the bill. There were 6 of us and were told the bill could not be divided for each of us. The pool was only filled with tap water with no filter system and several small children in Pull-ups in the pool. The food was only so so. Ordered the volcano nachos and they were all right. Have ordered from other Margaritavilles and they were great. The DJ was good but I'll bet he doesn't do a scavenger hunt and ask for a bikini top again. I will continue to go to Margaritaville in the future but never back to this one. The store acted like I was a thief just wanting to walk out the door with unpaid merchandise.

Thank you for writing this review we value your feedback. We are disheartened to read this review we value the experience of all our visitors and put our all in ensuring you have a good time. Your comments show that we have failed you in this respect, please accept our sincerest apologies. We have passed this review on to management who will investigate and apply training to ensure that this does not happen again. We do hope you are not too deterred and will return so that we can make it right. Thank you again for visiting

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is a great place for active families. Located up on the roof top level there is a great water slide for the kids. You'll never see them until the food arrives! The music was a bit loud for us older types. The special nachos in a bucket have to be tried but make it your meal!!!

Thank you for this review! We are so happy you and your family were able to enjoy all we had to offer. We pride ourselves in being able to entertain the family and giving you some free time as the kids play. We are very pleased you enjoyed our delectable food and beverage offerings and look forward to your next visit.