“Too much fun”

Sea Trek Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sea Trek Cayman ‘Coral Canyons’Now you can explore the underwater world with no prior dive knowledge or experience. Swimming skills are not required and you can even wear prescription glasses. Sea Trek is a zero gravity stroll underwater amongst colossal towering reef systems with thousands of tropical fish, turtles rays and more! We utilize the specially designed ‘Sea Trek’ underwater helmet. The tour is exiting educational and interactive, perfect for the entire family.
Reviewed May 26, 2016 via mobile

My family and I had a great time on the bottom. Buy a waterproof camera to share this fantastic experience. We spent around 40 or so minutes experiencing life under the sea. No training is necessary. A brief safety lesson then start down the ladder. Once about chest deep they put the helmet on your head then a slow decent down the ladder. A few stops on the way down to "pop" your ears and before you know it the fish are all around you. If you have ever wanted to feel what is like to be in an aquarium, this is for you. Worst part about this is that it had to end. Great fun!!!

2  Thank ChShCo
"an aquarium"
"feed the fish"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed May 23, 2016

The Sea Trek was great! It was me, my wife and 11 year old son. It was an hour wait or so before we actually got to get to the excursion, due to a hold up on a previous trip. But it was just a quick 3- 4 minute walk from the port to the dock. There we filled out some paperwork, then loaded a boat for a 5 minute ride out to the dive boat. There we stored our bags on the boat as we prepared to go "10,000 leagues under the sea". They explained to us how the helmets work and what to do. I was a little nervous since I was the first one going down but it wasn't so bad getting down. 30 ft or so I think. They were very helpful getting me down as well as my son, who I was nervous for # but he had no issues# . My wife took a little while longer since her ears gave her a little trouble, but the guides were very helpful with her. Being down on the sea floor was awesome and being the first one down meant I got the most time. # The overall time under is probably 30-35 mins#. We threw a football under water and I tried my hardest to make a water halo but just couldn't get my knuckles right. The guides under there were awesome, especially since you just communicated with sign language. They also did some amazing tricks underwater with & without their helmets. We all thoroughly enjoyed this excursion. Also if you can, bring an under water camera good for at least 30 ft or a GoPro.

Reviewed May 15, 2016 via mobile

We had an awesome experience on our Sea Trek at Grand Cayman. We signed up for the excursion on Royal Caribbean and it was our best excursion EVER!

1  Thank Amy Y
Reviewed May 14, 2016

Terrific experience. The water all through the harbor is crystal clear turquoise, and it's fun to watch the cruise ships. A small boat launch takes you from the dock to the dive boat; about a 5 minute ride. You go down the boat's ladder until you're 25 feet under water. The water is very clear, and you see lots of colorful fish and a cool, old, abandoned ship's anchor. Fish are used to being fed, so, caution, they may nibble at you! You see lots of coral too, though it's not bright. All staff are very helpful, from dock crew to launch driver (yay Kurt!), to Sea Trek divers who go down with you. They are very concerned with your safety and genuinely want you to have a good time. As long as your ears pop as you descend the ladder (it's easy, and the crew helps you with this), you'll be fine. My wife was very nervous, and the crew helpfully suggested she go down just a few ladder steps with the helmet on to get the feel of it. By the time she got to the bottom, she was jumping around (crew will tell you not to do this). You quickly get used to the sound and feel of the air coming into the helmet, and the near weightlessness. You can't fly in an airplane for four hours afterwards (though you can ride a helicopter), so don't do this right before you head to your flight home. Location is hard to find, as it's not marked from street. Call or map it ahead of time so you know what restaurant it's behind. No parking lot, but we found on-street parking a few blocks away. Overall, loads of fun and a unique experience!