“Great Divemasters and staff make this place special!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Divers Down

Divers Down
More attraction details
Owner description: Divers Down has been operating in Grand Cayman since 1996 and we are proud to offer a personalized service with a maximum of 8 divers per guide. We are a full service dive company providing shore and boat diving for certified divers along with certification courses and continuing education from our PADI 5 Star IDC training division - Cayman Diving College.
Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Divemasters and staff make this place special!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We came to Grand Cayman for a three-generation dive trip -- I have been diving for a long time, and my daughter and her husband could be called intermediate divers (60-80 dives). On this trip her sons, age 14 and 12, were also with us. The boys are good divers with around 20 dives each. Divers Down welcomed us and provided transport each day from our rental condos to the dive boat, and back again.

The Divers Down boats are well-maintained and set up efficiently. The rental equipment is also in very good shape. They put spare equipment on board, and we had one malfunction (inoperative pressure gauge) but they attached a spare and it didn't ruin the day -- many other dive operations fail to bring spares.

The real highlight is the staff -- some operators act as if every dive is highly dangerous, and maintain safe dive practices by ordering the divers around. At this place, they do work to ensure that you dive safely, but they do it through encouragement and positive feedback -- this was especially important for the two young divers we had aboard. Without exception, all of the divemasters and shop staff were friendly and helpful. Great operation!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Divers Down was excellent!! All of the staff there are super friendly, attentive, and helpful. After a terrible first try to scuba diving in the UAE, I was really nervous prior to entering the water. I let the scuba instructors know this, and they were amazing. They helped calm me down and made the extra effort to help build up my confidence underwater. I brought a personal mouth piece with me, which they put on my regulator without a problem. The staff operates in a very professional and safe manner, while also keeping the group smiling and laughing. It was a most enjoyable experience, and I would definitely come back here. Before I went on this trip, I wasn't sure if I would make it on my first dive to become open water certified. I ended the trip by taking the advanced diver requirements. It was such a great experience, and I'm forever grateful for the group of staff that I dove with. Thanks for giving me the confidence and experience I needed to enjoy scuba diving!!! All of the sites that we went to were thoroughly enjoyed. My boyfriend got to see a shark, and I was able to see a sea turtle myself. Thanks again for the great experience!!

Franklin, Tennessee, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Felt Like A Private Charter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went down to get my sons certified for PADI Open Water as a graduation trip, and then do some follow on diving. All of the instructors there were very conscientious and competent, yet also had a sense of humor and kept the instruction lively. They definitely take diver safety seriously there, but it plays out in some unexpected ways. They only have 8 divers on the boat at any given time with two staff minimum, which ultimately feels like you're getting very personalized treatment. We had four divers in our group, so it almost felt like a charter instead of being just another body. As a Dad, it made for a relaxing time, knowing they were paying attention to the details. I would definitely dive with them again. Definitely go dive the Kittiwake if you're in the area, great experience. Don't let their simple building deter you, these guys are about diving, not interior design. Tripp, llsa, Joe, Katya, Jess, Jenny, Steve - all the staff love diving and wanted to make sure we had a great experience and got the most out of our time down below.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Evan B
Reading, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A great option if you are thinking of diving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The dive shop provide a door to door pick up service which is great. Packages are available which can include all equipment for those that don't have their own and they seem very reasonable compared to other dive shops. The dive staff are really helpful and make the trip interesting and fun within a safe environment. The boat is cosy with 8 people on but not crowded. Water and snacks are provided between the dives. The staff make sure that those on packages never visit the same site twice unless requested and appear very knowledgeable about the numerous sites. I would def dive with this shop again.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Jane W
Sacramento, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Safe, Professional and FUN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Divers Down (Cayman Diving College) provided an outstanding dive experience. I came to Grand Cayman with my brother-in-law and his sons to be certified as a PADI open water diver. It was a marvelous adventure, made even better by the safe, professional and fun approach of every member of the staff. Don't miss the opportunity to dive the wreck of the Kittiwake and Stingray City!

The value for money is excellent and the courteous door-to-door pick up and delivery was an added bonus. I recommend Divers Down to anyone seeking a memorable Cayman diving vacation.

3 Thank outsols