“First Time to Caymans - Carnival Conquest cruise from New Orleans”

Ponchatoula, Louisiana
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“First Time to Caymans - Carnival Conquest cruise from New Orleans”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our 2nd stop on the Carnival cruise trip and we were super excited to see some fish. we booked our own excursion with Captain Marvin doing the Stingray Ally and reef stop. Now I can we did the Stingray's. It was wonderful and I would ask everyone that is able to try it once. But I must say for my family we really liked the reef most of all. The water was crystal clear and fish ans sea life everywhere. WOW! was my first word when I went off the back of the boat. Felt like i was looking at a HD television show. amazing. We are thinking of doing the same cruise next summer with carnival and the same stops. But just going to snorkel on the reefs only. I have two kids 16 and 11 they love the water sports and swimming. we can rest at Cozumel on the last stop. this stop is expensive so be thinking ahead of who and what the cost are. Also watch for time to get back to the ship. we were next to last on getting back on the ship was a race to say the least. thank goodness we had a awesome driver on our van. I got say say our boat captain and Capt. Mavin's grandson were the best. the Island is very clean. we walked around down town early morning at the boat dock and had no trouble finding capt marvin's to report in for our excursion. Looking forward to visit the Island again soon.

1 Thank lapartridge

• Greek first
San Diego, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE IN THIS TOWN AND SO WAS MY FAMILY!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I can tell you that there is more to see that the time that is available, we docked at 10 am and from then on it was an amazing experience, our drive/tour guide "a single mother that relocated from Honduras was very knowledgeable, and accomodating" we were taken to a resort along the shore to enjoy food, swimming, snorkeling and diving.
After four hours we were picked up "a group of 10 with ages from 6 to 75 years old" and we had "the ground tour of the city". We were explained why the city is planed, what their people do and the international commerce and residential areas.
We all felt that we left a friend in the "Grand Cayman Island" and with the desire to come back.

Canton, MI
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“25th Anniversary”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We choose Grand Cayman because of the snorkeling sites. We were not disappointed. The reefs around the island are amazing. The food is to die for. We also had 3 separate older men who helped us tremendously. One gave us directions to a great restaurant on the east end, one let us follow him in our rental car to an out-of-the-way snorkeling site and one let us park our rental car in his driveway to go to a beach to snorkel. Everyone on the island is super friendly. We went in the off season so the crowds were non-existent. The only "problem" we had was someone broke into our car and stole all our cash - considering all the personal and valuable items we had in there, we were very lucky they only took cash. Please make note to hide or not leave valuable things in a car. Overall, I would highly recommend Grand Cayman. It's truly a paradise.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank tornadomom
Washington DC, District of Columbia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The beaches are very clean”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I can't imagine why someone would say that the beaches are littered with "tons of garbage" because that is absolutely untrue. The beaches are as clean as you will ever see anywhere and cleaning crews regularly maintain them. Also, street signs are posted on every road and direction signs are everywhere as well. I can only think that the previous reviewer must have visited a different island and accidentally posted the review here.

4 Thank RandyW826
Grande Prairie, Canada
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 161 helpful votes
“The island is littered with garbage”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

There are no street signs, directions signs and so is very easy to get frustrated getting around. There were a few beaches we stopped at that had pill bottles, and tons of garbage in them. Would love to see the island cleaned up a bit and we probably could have done more if we just knew where and how to get there.

Visited March 2012