Review Highlights

Fabulous Tour Group with a lot of knowledge and experience

Reviewed 1 week ago
ABBusa
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

All reviews don fosters emerald eyes barrier reef snorkel fish carnival cruise eagles nest discover scuba oro verde great diving an excursion sea life two tank royal caribbean thanks guys diving experience devil's grotto stingray city
Reviewed yesterday

This was awesome! I can't imagine a better excursion experience! Captain Tom & his crew were fantastic! (I have forgotten the ladies' name. Lauren from UK, I think? And a lovely woman form Florida. Sorry!) Very professional. Very personable. I am not very "water confident" but they were very patient with me, and everyone, at both Stingray City and the Coral Gardens spot. At stingray city, we had A LOT of interaction with stingrays. I was hesitant when booking that maybe the interaction with actual stingrays would be minimal (especially when we pulled up to the area and there were several other tour boats with groups in the water.) But this was certainly not the case! There were DOZENS of string ray waiting to interact with our group. Everyone who wished to hold or touch one was giving plenty of opportunities to do so. And I even did too :) Great excursion! I felt very safe and comfortable the entire time. Definitely the highlight of the whole cruise! And pictures on this listing ARE an accurate depiction of my experience. It IS that amazing! Thank you Don Foster's Dive Cayman!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Dove with these folks on 11/15/18. Planned to go on a shore dive but swells from the north made shore dives impossible. Foster’s got us on a boat in a small group and we had a couple of great dives. We booked additional dives for the next day. Unfortunately the next day was frustrating and disappointing. We sat at the dock for 90 minutes waiting for the boat, only to be advised that electrical problems on the boat necessitated canceling the dives. A crewman told us ground cables failed, had to be replaced - and that the tricks they’d been doing on previous days to get the engine running wouldn’t work. He said the shop had only one other boat that could enter the shallow bay, but it was in shop for repairs.

I get it that mechanical failures happen and cancellations happen. Just part of life. My concern is that they’d been running the boat having to resort to “tricks” to get it running, rather than getting it repaired. How much worse would it have been if the failure happened during a dive trip?

Makes me question if I should trust them when we return next year. Or is it “If there’s a question, there is no question?”

Reviewed 1 week ago

I came to the Cayman Islands on a Carnival Cruise. Carnival contracts with Don Foster's to do the Stingray and snorkeling excursion. Stingray City is a must do in the Cayman Islands, and this tour was fabulous! The guides explain everything to you and help you interact with the stingrays in the water. It's an extremely safe tour and very relaxing. The snorkeling was fun, too, but my favorite was the stingrays! Make sure you spend some time just swimming with them with your snorkel on. You can really experience them when you can see them underwater! I was very impressed with the professionalism and the knowledge of the Don Foster's crew. They were able to put everyone at ease and help them fully enjoy their time in the water.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Shipwreck and coral reefs were very different sites; both interesting in their own way. Plenty of colorful fish and crystal clear water. Crew was great and made the trip very enjoyable. Snorkeling sites were very close to the cruise ship tender docks so it was a very short ride to the two sites. Great experience for even inexperienced snorkelers.

1  Thank VincentP51
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We just returned from one week in Grand Cayman. While there, we dove 6, 2-tank morning dives and one night dive with Don Foster's. I can't imagine having a better experience anywhere else. Their booking staff was more than willing to accommodate our needs and wants, even when our schedule did not necessarily align with their's.

The whole staff was very friendly and conducted themselves in a very professional manner. Each Captain and Dive Master was very knowledgable and experienced. We saw some great sites and incredible marine life each dive, especially on the night dive.

If you're planning to dive while you are in Grand Cayman, in my opinion, there is no need to look beyond Don Foster's if you're wanting to experience the best.

We will definitely be giving them all of our diving business in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great time Snorkeling an old shipwreck and coral reefs. Fun crew that get in the water with you in case you need help or to just give you some helpful tips. Booked through Disney. This is our second excursion with them.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this class through Carnival on our cruise. This was hubby and I's first time using scuba gear. I was nervous, but Katie and Jasmine were very patient, calm and reassuring. They took the time to educate us, answer all our questions, and made sure we understood what we were doing in the practice pool with our scuba gear on. I felt very comfortable once I was in the ocean. The hardest part was after pool training walking around with all the dive gear on and getting your fins on in the water. During the dive we slowly made our way down to 40ft. Katie was leading us and Jasmine made sure no one was left behind. Katie often checked in with us individually during the dive, and pointed out unique fish so we didn't miss anything. Back on shore we debriefed on our dive. Katie and Jasmine were nice to just converse with. They offered rides back to port, but we opted to walk as it was only six blocks and shopping was along the way. I highly recommend taking the beginner's scuba with Katie and Jasmine! Can't say enough good things about them!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The best thing that happen on my 7 day cruise was Grand Cayman Snorkleing. Guides Paul and Ed reviewed step by step instructions all in our group and even told our about the Island and the fish that we would see. I called out my for friend and Paul hushed to me to check to make sure I was okay, which I was, I just saw the big school of blue fish he had told us about. If you decided it is not for you, Ed would swim you back to shore. BEST highlight of my whole trip. I will be returning to Don Foster snorkel on my next cruise.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I booked this excursion through Carnival and absolutely loved it. We had a small group of people go out on the Emerald Eyes. The people operating the excursion were very friendly. They helped make sure everyone who wanted to interact with a stingray was able to have as much interaction as they wanted. Snorkeling at the coral reef was a great way to end our day in Grand Cayman. It is sooo beautiful! We left the island wanting to be able to return one day!! Job well done to Don Fosters Dive in Grand Cayman

1  Thank 318hannaf
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited on October 22, 2018 through Carnival Glory. Tim and Jasmine were fantastic! We loved this tour and would highly recommend it.