“USS Kittywake and Reef Snorkel”

Don Foster's Dive Cayman
Ranked #6 of 71 Tours in George Town
More attraction details
Owner description: DON FOSTER'S DIVE CAYMAN is a full-service dive operation in the Cayman Islands. Established on Grand Cayman since 1982 and located on the waterfront 3/10 mile south of George Town, Don Foster’s is fronted by Casuarina Point Reef, where you will find excellent shore diving and snorkeling. We have a large dive shop offering dive and snorkel gear rental, t-shirts, souvenirs, drinks and snacks. Our boat diving package rates are the lowest on the island and we will work with you to make your diving experience memorable, whether you want to dive a lot (check out 20-tank special) or a little. Don Foster’s Dive is the place to go for experience, excellent customer service and a great dive experience.
Fishers, Indiana
“USS Kittywake and Reef Snorkel”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We booked this trip through our cruise line and I did not have very high expectations. When we finally got to the boat, Captain Ryan greeted everyone and made sure that everyone was on board safely. He gave some safety rules but also some excellent tips for snorkeling as far as what to do and what not to do. Everyone got fitted with gear and after about eight minutes we were at the first stop. Ryan really took the time to explain the wreck, the fish and wildlife that we would see during our time in the water. It was amazing! My two daughters (14-11) had never been snorkeling before and had a blast. The water was clear and it wasn't very crowded. We then went to a reef by Seven Mile Beach. Captain Ryan again did an excellent job making sure everyone was safe and having a good time. He took the time to answer questions no matter how many times they had been asked before. My only regret is that we didn't book a longer tour. This was a fantastic experience and I would recommend it to anyone!

Visited April 2013
DonFostersDive, Front Office Manager at Don Foster's Dive Cayman, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed snorkeling the Kittiwake shipwreck with Don Foster's Dive. It is truly a great and unique site and our staff do all they can to help make your experience memorable.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Staff, good dive sites”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have dived with Don Fosters several times, on 2 different trips to the Cayman Islands. Staff are fun loving and helpful, and ensure that you have a great time.

Visited March 2013
Our reef is truly great and we're so glad you got to see so much. THanks for your favorable review. Our staff work hard to insure all of our guests enjoy themselves and we're so glad that you did.
Dayton, Ohio
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Loved Our Snorkeling Excursion!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We booked an excurision here through Carnival Cruise Lines last week and went snorkeling with Kim and Gina. My husband had to bow out due to sun poisoning so that left me and my 3 kids (ages 10, 9 and 6) and their godparents. I was nervous to take them in the ocean to snorkel, but Kim and Gina were amazing with them. They offered up an extra life jacket to wrap under their belly to help them float better. They had a small innertube for them to hold on to when they got tired and they were so patient. They snorkeling itself was amazing - beautiful fish and coral. We saw 2 small 3 foot sharks that were swimming at the floor of the ocean and tons of neat fish. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. I would go back in a heartbeat. Thank you Kim and Gina for such a memorable experience for me and my kiddos!!!

Visited March 2013
Thanks so much for your kind review. We are very fortunate to have such great staff members to help our guests enjoy their experience. We're glad you enjoyed yourself and we'd love to see you visit us again.
Richardson tx
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had the best time ever highlight of my trip...”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I had the best time for the day I spent in grand cayman. Was on a cruize ship ,I did a shore dive with a very safe and professional master diver. Hell yea spokoli i am talking about you man,,,,My go pro shots were great. Right in front of the dive shop there is so much to see. Garden ells,fan corals,jew and hogfish,angels,flounder,etc,,etc,,The equipment was great the staff friendly. Grand Cayman and Don Fosters really take care of you diving needs. If and when I ever go back I will be there. Like I said you guys were the highlight of my curize thanks..hope to come back someday...

Embrun, Ontario
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“You want to see some Rays??”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

During a day at Grand Cayman off of our Carnival ship, we took the Sand City Stingray and snorkel excursion hosted by Don Foster dives. Our crew was nothing but great and truly the definition of hospitable. The boat was great with onboard facilities, bar, and all snorkelling equipment. The "education" of stingrays, how to handle them, and so on was truly professional and well done. On the way to the "spot", i was somewhat skeptical that we would see some stingrays. Was i wrong. The came by the dozens, small and big ones. We even got to hold a few after some tips from the host. Once back on board, we went snorkeling over some nice coral reefs. OK, the fish variety wasn't really great, but the rays is what we wanted to see anyways. Was it worth the money? Absolutely and probably more. Once back on the boat, refreshments were available for purchase. I recommend the "Cayman" beer, Caybrew.

This was one nice day with some darn nice people. Good for couples, families, or friends...