“Do Not Hire This Guy”

Laurel, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Do Not Hire This Guy”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

For $125 per person x 4; was absolutely NOT worth the money. It did not include entrance to any of the places, which he made sound as if it were included. Just a ride up the rode in the car "we had to rent" for him. I was insulted by his cursing and rated X jokes. Two females in the car alone with him - how dear he talk about female body parts. I believe he choses the nationality of folk he wants to do different things with and how he acts with them. A huge RIP OFF!

3 Thank Roadannie62

Mount Prospect, Illinois, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day around Grand Cayman!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a day full of fun.Two nice snorkeling spots. Great lunch and conversation with our tour guide Gill. And to end the day at a cave and Sunset snorkeling. Oh ya thanks for finding some Parrots we would have never seen on our own.

South Pasadena, California
“TOUR OF GRAND CAYMAN'S EAST SIDE”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Gil arranged for my wife and me to join another couple in their rented car for a tour. Gil led us (on his motorcycle) to a beach for snorkeling at a pristine beach. Then cross-country to the Queen Elizabeth Botanical Garden. It was the best part of the trip. From the blue iguana to the incredible flowers. Gil proved knowledgeable about flora and fauna and we spent time looking at different trees and plants before wandering off on our own. The tour included a lunch at an open air, seaside restaurant (alcohol not included) with samples of turtle, conch and mahi mahi. Fried bread and local veggies accompanied the meal. Participants purchased either beer or rum drinks to accompany the meal. Really enjoyable! The remainder of the trip included pirate caves now occupied by bats and a beach sunset. Yep: I'd recommend this trip to others.

Bowie, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not kid friendly/family oriented - All Hype”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This tour did not live up to our expectations and was a major disappointment.
It was not a kid friendly or family oriented.
Gilbert made inappropriate and unprofessional comments during our tour.
This tour operator expects you to rent your own vehicle and follow him around the island.
Gilbert is very misleading and promises anything in order to get your business.

In all my travels I've NEVER experienced a tour like this if that iis what you want to call it.
This experience truly tarnished my family's Grand Cayman experience.

He did not clearly state that...and he lied about admission fees to Turtle Farm being included in our per person
Why pay someone for a "follow" me tour?
Uhhhh....my family and I can do our own tour around island (we did anyhoo)

My advice: Get a map and tour the island on your own or with an official operator that provides transportation. Grand Cayman is easy to get around and the residents are very nice in providing directions.

2 Thank harrisonqueen
Fort Worth, Texas
“A Great Adventure!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We loved Gilbert! He's an authentic third generation Caymanian, and a very knowledgable and entertaining tour guide. The most exciting and unexpected part of our tour was visiting a secluded beach known as Starfish Point, where we held several magnificent, deep orange starfish. The clear Carribean water provided a scene we will always remember. We were also mezmerized by the cave tour - live bats included! An extra perk was having lunch with Gilbert, as his guests, at a restaurant overlooking the sea. Very relaxing. All-in-all, the tour exceeded our expectations. But be prepared to pay for the tour rental car, which was not explained to us in advance at the tour orientation.